Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help pls TT traffic with 720, lost cash?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help pls TT traffic with 720, lost cash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Help pls TT traffic with 720, lost cash? Reply with quote

Hello

Searched the forums but could not find a detailed answer. So needing your help now.

Am using Go 720 (app: 8.350) OS:310360 with w. europe maps v830.2305

Did stupidity today and purchased just TT traffic (already have PGPS subscription for cameras) as RDS had stopped working some time ago.

But eversince have made futile tries to bring TT traffic bar on the device. It says "this feature is not supported"

Again, my sony ericsson 850i is not completing wireless data connection.Tried to automatically get the settings to no avail and spoke to provider (vodafone uk) who gave all that is already on tomtom site for manual connection. Nothing happeing. Tried also with IPhone 3g (02 uk) but same results.

So have I lost about £30.0 as TT have charged my card for traffic, which I am unable to use? Or is there any hope left?

please

ratom
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget using it with the iFone as it won't work full stop (Not TT's fault this is down to Apple), as for the SE I am not too sure, try deleting the TomTom from the SE and the SE from the TomTom then try pairing them up again, there is no 100% cure for this, some phones work (they are listed on the TT web site), if they don't appear on the list its a lottery as to whether they will work at all - Mike
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

Before posting here, I read in one of your posts about deleting the devices from phone as well as tomtom and repairing them. And i did actually try this but it did not work.

SE w850i is listed on TT site as one of the handsets that can be used for various services including data transfer/connection.

Before joing PGPSW, I had been using this handset for TT traffic and safety cameras. pefrectly allright.

However, when subscription expired, I did not renew it until now when I only chose traffic.

ratom
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Accidently wireless data connection working just fine now Reply with quote

Hi

For thos like me who are not hihgly qulified. And sorry to those who may find it boring.

The wireless data connction that I was unable to establish between my phone and tomtom device, is working JUST fine now and it happened by accident.

I wrote posts here, sent TT email who had the traditional reply of undoing and the redoing things. Nothing worked though.

Before the latest upgrade of application and new maps a week ago, I could instantly spot in home as well as in windows explorer (vista) which was my SD card and which was the tomtom device.

But after the upgrade, I could just see two "hard disk" mentions in tomtom home and M and N in windows explorer. And it was very difficult to find out which was which...as even the size of the two is nearly the name.

So to clear the confusion of what is M and what is N, I removed the SD card from the device and connected it to computer. Look what happened.....there were som updates available....I was suprised because five minutes ago I had checked in home what updates were avaialbe and had done the quick GPS fix update that was the only thing available. so this was something new...and then I noticed phone settings update available...as well.

I waited but did not update. Disconnected from the computer, put SD card back and reconnected and now there was NO update available. which meant that the phone settings update was available ONLY when I connected 720 with the computer after having taken out the SD card! I did it two/three times to make sure that what I was thinking was right and it was right as the updates were avaialbe without the SD card in.

Now I updated the device (withouth the SD card in), and as the maps are on SD card, I put it back. Then tried to create the wirelss data connection and it never stoppped at 65% as it had been doing for the past several days. Instantly, all tomtom services were avaialbe. (traffic for me)

I don't know what happened but the issue that I had is resolved. I just dont know the technicalities involved but may be this could benefit some others like me, so I have put it down here.

Will appreciate if some one could explain what is all this....also, how can I differetiate between tt device and SD card in home as well as in windows explorer in vista when connected to a computer.

RATOM
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like you have the Navcore software files installed to both the Flash memory and the storage card, the device will boot from the storage card by default if it finds that contains a working copy of Navcore. If you had the two sets of Navcore out of sync relative to some of the GPRS related files then this would explain why it didn't previously work.

Have a read of This Thread which offers some information on having different icons for the TomTom and SD card, there is another thread on the forum from last year about this subject with more detailed information but I am struggling locating it at the moment - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the other thread which contains the two icons for download, see Here - Mike
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

Like always you are forthcoming when some one needs help.

btw, I have fialed to find one of your posts in which you advised some one to replace the garbled text on a file, which prevented RDS from working...I had ,then, put 22222 (don't remember with or without quotes) but it did not work so I gave up....Will it work with my present system go720...app 8.350 and maps v830.2305 if I changed the txt on the file you advised.

But more importantly, if you happened to spot your post regarding this, could you send me the link please?

best

ratom
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The value is 22220 not 22222 but that fix is really only intended for the x10 devices IIRC, you can read the thread Here there is no harm in trying this out on your device though as it might work - Mike
RATOM
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

Will do and report back

Ratom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: