Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom saftey cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom saftey cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: TomTom saftey cameras Reply with quote

Are the speed cameras on the TT website the same as the one's here ?

If this question is in anyway out of line then please remove it, hope I am not stepping on any toes.

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the TomTom camera database is nothing to do with this web site, the data TomTom supply is either there own or from Road Angel who supply the data used on the Live connected devices.

I think you will find the PGPSW offering is superiour to either of the TT solutions, having tried them all I know which files I trust on my device Laughing - Mike
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalk and cheese mate.

Scrap the TomTom ones and only use the ones on here.

It's a no-brainer !!!
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the speed cam database from here & that great bit of software Camera Manager exe. My subscription ran out a while back & TT has sent me a £8 voucher to spend on their website so that is why I asked if it was the same just so I could use the voucher to get £8 off the cam subscriptions but I guess I will just renew my subs here when I have the spare cash.

Thanks all
wilfuerdo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Subscribed to PGPSW cameras for 12 months, extremely happy with the database, earlier this year I received an £8 voucher, used it on the official TomTom cameras (getting them for £12) so didnt renew my subscription to this site. 2 months with the TomTom ones I was amazed by the poor quality. Last week I renewed here. I have now deleted the tomtom cams.
Believe me, I thought I had saved £8, but it cost me £12 that I no longer use, should have renewed here in the first instance there is no comparison, I was so disappointed with tomtom cams.

Fantastic work from PGPSW, its difficult to report new cams though because they are so upto date !! Laughing
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maca2 wrote:
I have been using the speed cam database from here & that great bit of software Camera Manager exe. My subscription ran out a while back & TT has sent me a £8 voucher to spend on their website so that is why I asked if it was the same just so I could use the voucher to get £8 off the cam subscriptions but I guess I will just renew my subs here when I have the spare cash.

Thanks all

Or you find a couple of cameras yourself and get yourself free continuation of your membership. See the 'WE NEED YOU' logo to the left of this page! Or go HERE and look at the top right of the page.
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
maca2 wrote:

Thanks all

Or you find a couple of cameras yourself and get yourself free continuation of your membership. See the 'WE NEED YOU' logo to the left of this page! Or go HERE and look at the top right of the page.

Very Happy Belive me, I have been looking for new cams all the time I was subscribed here but as said before, your just so uptodate it's hard to find a new one

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: