Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom UK+Ireland Model comparison
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom UK+Ireland Model comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Tom Tom UK+Ireland Model comparison Reply with quote

Hi All

I am looking at replacing at some point my old Tom Tom GO Classic.

Looking at the Tom Tom Web site and recent EMails there appears to be at least 3 latest models aimed at the UK:-

Tom Tom 540 Live
Tom Tom XL IQ
Tom Tom ONE IQ

First, can anyone confirm the 2nd and 3rd listed above are only for the UK and Ireland.

I believe the XL simply means the extra large screen so that is a start for the comparison.

I know there is a comparison web page between 540, 750 and 940 but just wondering if there is anywhere an equivalent comparison table for all the Tom Tom latest models (and not the very latest if possible) aimed at just the UK and Ireland markets.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there are (or will be) "regional" - i.e. UK and Ireland, and "Europe" versions of the ONE IQ and XL IQ, so you need to choose the regional version if you only want the UK.

The XL and the Go540 are widescreen and the One isn't
The XL and the Go540 have itinerary (multi-stop) planning, the One doesn't.

The Go540 has Bluetooth for handsfree calls, and has all the LIVE features (Traffic, Google search, Weather etc.) , neither of the others do.

If you don't want or need the LIVE services (cost ~£7.99 a month subscription), then have a look at the Go 520 (if you can still find it) or Go530 models? All Go models have more features than the cut-down ONE and XL models.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: