Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing poi's to tt5 nav pda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing poi's to tt5 nav pda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Installing poi's to tt5 nav pda Reply with quote

Just downloaded new poi updates and transfered to sd card.
I deleted the old type as they new have pgpsw after the name. ie asda.ove now asda pgpsw.ov2.
Pda doesn't see all the new poi's and after messing with it I find removeing the pgpdw in the name some come back to life.
Am I doing something wrong as I've done it copy paste method for last few years with no problem.

Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many custom POI files have you got installed to the map folder as TTN5,xx on the PDA had a limit of only 39 custom POI categories - count up the number of ov2 files in your map folder, if its over 39 then you need to cut down on whats installed - Mike
Siddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for fast reply.

70 pairs on the sd card.

How do I place them under subjects theme parks to move a item into the group?

Will try to remove the the pgpsw on a few move to prove that option but I take it I can only have 39 items on poi's, all I've done is update what I have on the card already.

Cheers

Siddy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't add the new POI categories you've downloaded into the built-in ones that were on the TomTom when you bought it, if that's what you mean.

The built-in POIs for Airports, Railway Stations etc. are fixed and can't be edited (but they don't take up any of those 39 spare "slots").
If you find a built-in category useless (and most of them are) all you can do is add another category of your own and ignore the original one.

The actual NAMES of the files won't make any difference, you just have to make sure you keep below the 39 .ov2 file limit.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to consider whether you can group any POI files together. E.g. Have you downloaded a load of ATM files from PGPSW, but still hold them separately for each bank; Barclays, NatWest, etc?

If so, you can combine these into one generic ATM file by selecting the option "Combine subcategories into category file" at number 4 on the PGPSW POI download page.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or once you've downloaded them you can combine them into a single file using POIEdit

The drawback of merging them all into one file (by either method) is that you will only get ONE generic icon for them all, not the individual banks etc.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you downloaded the files to the sd card without using active sync. Am I correct Question

If you look for the files via explore on the pda do you see them all. I would think not.

For some reason only known to the pda manufacturers and microsoft, when you load things to the sd card via a card reader the pda will not see them all some times Embarassed

You need to put the sd card back it the reader and remove any poi files(both icon(bmp) and ov2) that you cannot see when using explorer on the pda. Then put the card back into the pda and load them back to the card via active sync.

That usually works 99% of the time Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: