Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 720 screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 720 screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: TT 720 screen Reply with quote

Hi All.. TT 720 screen that alt gently flashes brighter/dimmer every half second or so but not so that you cant use it, its more annoying that anything... Has anyone else noticed or had same thing please..? It has latest software updates and GPS fix and MapShares etc... and it hasnt been dropped....

Many Thanks.. Steve ( tigerbear) Stockton on Tees
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly are you using the device with the car charger? if not does the same behaviour exist with the car charger connected?

Secondly when the screen dips in brightness is there a message flashing up top right (white text on a black back ground) - Mike
tigerbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: TT 720 Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Mike.. It only does it with the car charger plugged in and have tried with other TT chargers and its same... No other problems arise no warnings etc just a rythmic gentle flashing bright/dim... All functions work fine.. its just annoying haha thanks Steve
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a hardware fault to me. Sad
Alabama978
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Voltage Reply with quote

This is a long shot but could it be that the vehicle is putting a varying voltage out through the cigar lighter that the TT can't regulate?

Does it happen when the engine is stopped but the charger still powered up or only when the engine is running?

I may be talking gibberish here but if you have a multimeter try to measure the voltage out of the cigar lighter. It should remain steady and not move up and down too much. Another check would be to try the TT in another vehicle, and if it still does it and you have tried two different TT chargers then I suspect it's the TT.

Did you definitely try an actual TT charger when you substituted for the charger you have? I ask because some phone chargers with Mini USB plug do not have a high enough current output even for other phone types. My Tytn would not charge from a 3rd party charger even though it charged other phones without a problem.

Hope you find the cause.
billyking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

select screen brightness in the menu and untick the two boxes
that cured my 720
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any sort of clue, mine flashes like that while it's loading the mp3s into the Jukebox.
tigerbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: TT 720 Reply with quote

Thanks Guys... Different vehicles ( fleet driver ) but i shall look at all the sugestions here.. I shall post if I cure it or discover any other differences.. Many Thanks.. Steve
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerbear,
Have you got the latest software on this (these?) devices?

This was in a previous software release. It drove me nuts and I think I wound back to a previous version. It was like someone randomly openng some venetian blinds in your peripheral vision! Most prvelant when on battery. Current 8.302 doesnt do it (at least when powered). might be worth checking which version is installed.
Holux GPSslim
tigerbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: 720 screen Reply with quote

Hi All... The unit is with a friend at the mo he is borrowing it i shall check the software version when it comes back.... I am sure its latest but shall check.. thanks guys for all your replies.. good to know so many out there to help if needed... Only hope i can return the favour one day.. Cheers

steve Tigerbear Stockton On Tees

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: