Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3 Upgrade Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3 Upgrade Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gradev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: TTN3 Upgrade Problem Reply with quote

I have just tried to upgrade my TTN2 to TTN3 but have encountered problems.
When I first ran the upgrade I got an error message "Unknown Device Architecture" and the upgrade failed.
After rerunning the upgrade (thinking it may have been an ActiveSync glitch) I get to the file tranfer section of the upgrade which just hangs.
I have tried a soft reset of the PDA and a rebeet to the PC with no success.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Can anyone give me any ideas as to solving this problem?

I am using Ipaq H2210 with Windows pocket PC 2003.
I have not done this ROM update. could that be the problem?
Should I do it before upgrading TTN2?
Gradev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: All is well Reply with quote

After writing the last mesage I decided to give it one more try. Yep you guessed it, it upgraded ok. 8O
Thanks to anyone who was going to reply :D
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got over your trauma Thumbs Up did you just download over the top of TT2,just for my info for when i get mine,

cheers trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trevor,

ttrevor wrote:
Did you just download over the top of TT2,just for my info for when i get mine.

I just placed my iPAQ in the cradle and the CD in the drive and followed the instructions and it all installed OK first time. It even kept my favourites!

Be aware that it does also upgrade your GPS driver! I'm leaving it at 3.00 for the time being, but if I get any problems then I'll downgrade to 2.07 ASAP! ;)

Good luck with your upgrade. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Steveg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert

I see from your post that you have finally got your longed for copy of TTN3 - well what do you think of it so far then?

Notwithstanding my well documented minor niggles with it, I am pretty impressed, granted I have no experience of other software to compare it with, thats why i would find it useful to know what you think of it.

All the best

Steve
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robert for your info ,just got to wait now for delivery. Thumbs Up

cheers trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very quick comparison between Navigator 2 and 3.

Address lookup is worse in England at least - you now get all roads of the name within the entire county, not just the district council / borough council / unitary council area. As an added little niggle, my home town (Flitwick) was in the Navigator 2 database and isn't in the Navigator 3 one. There's more details of that problem here.

Just about everything else has been improved. The new Itinerary function is nice, as is the way Navigator shows the real shape of junctions on the safety screen now when you get close to them (I do suggest trying to set your safety screen speed lower than before - I had 45mph in Navigator 2, I'm now considering 35mph in Navigator 3, possibly even 20mph - it's much less distracting to have the safety screen up than a multi-coloured map).

Apart from the silly database problem with address lookup, the new maps have had some problems fixed. For example, the now removed roundabouts on the A5 in Dunstable have gone, and a new housing estate where a friend of mine lives in Milton Keynes is partially shown now (about three years after her house was built).

I'm intending to post a more comprehensive 'side by side' comparison later - if I manage to get round to it.

David
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveg wrote:
I see from your post that you have finally got your longed for copy of TTN3 - well what do you think of it so far then?

Hi Steve,

I haven’t had TTNav3 long enough (only installed it on Thursday 29 April 2004) to make a fair comment. Basically what I’ve personally seen so far is that my installation (over TTNav2) went extremely well. The system works and feels very similar to TTNav2. CheckPOInt 2.0.2 worked with no problems. I’m afraid that I haven’t tried GPSAssist yet (that will be done soon). I like the itinerary feature although I haven’t got to really try it yet. I don’t “RTFM” that often but I will need to do something to understand “drive-bys” etc. unless I can get some serious play time in to work it out.

On the down side, I agree with DavidW about the address lookup. It’s as useless as a chocolate teapot. It’s a major step backwards in my opinion. I tried (as an example) to find a “High Street” for one of my local villages and well it’s very difficult to find the right one. The Major Roads of Europe (MRE) is OK but you can’t seem to be able to use POIs with it. Admittedly I didn’t have any loaded in the map folder but there was no icon to use. I tend to create loads of POIs and navigate via them, especially if the address lookup is so bad. So MRE is limited for me. Finally my perception is that TTNav3 is freezing/hanging my 3970 a little more often than TTNav2 did.

ttrevor wrote:
Thanks Robert for your info ,just got to wait now for delivery.

Hi Trevor,

I hope that your copy is delivered soon.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set up POIs in MRE, and I have done so in planning a route across France (avoiding the Toll routes).

You are correct in that there are no existing POIs with MRE though.

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: