Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tom tom 930 speed cam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tom tom 930 speed cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: tom tom 930 speed cam Reply with quote

Hi everyone I bought a new 930 and am getting very frustratted with the damn thing Laughing Out Loud. When i check what i have on the device it says i have speed cameras which i downloaded from tom tom home. When i click on that I see safety camera AT, safety camera BE, safety camera CZ, safety camera DE safety camera E Ssafety camera safety camera FI safety camera FT safety camera IT. How ever i dont see any GBP or uk or anything like that. DO i or do i not have speed cameras from the UK?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect to the PC and check the contents of the Western Europe folder using Windows Explorer.

The UK files are called:
Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom.ov2
Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom.ov2.dct
Safety_Cam_UK_TomTomOv2.ver

If they are missing, I think you are entitled to ONE free update when you connect to TomTom Home.
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there i have a few radar files + Safety_Cam_UK_TomTomOv2.ver is that sufficient?
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey everyone im a bit of a noob so just learning please be patient with me
Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom.ov2
Safety_Cam_UK_TomTom.ov2.dct
i am missing these 2 files can someone give them to me I have proof of purchase that i can email to you. Also once i put these files into the western europe folder will they cams automatically show up on the POI category?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe these files are encoded per device to stop people from sharing TT cameras with others who do not subscribe, so other peoples files would not work.

You best bet is to subscribe to the cameras on this site.
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind subsribing but id rather not if i already have the necessary speed cameras. So without the 2 other files theres no way I can use the speed cams. Please keep in mind those other files i have does anyone know what they are
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry double post
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are comparing the Tomtom speed cameras with the ones from this site. The two work in very different ways. The TT ones are updated by them and are only visible when you drive past. You cannot browse the map to see where they are! They also get a lot of criticism from people, not just on this site, because of their accuracy. Most people who try the Tomtom cameras, after shelling paying for an annual subscription for the cameras, say that they miss lots of new ones and haven't removed lots of old ones!

You just need to search on this forum for people who have tried the TT cameras, and then tried the ones from here and found these ones to be much better.

In the end its your money. The TT camera system is shrouded in secrecy. The ones from here are updated weekly on a Wednesday.

Regarding the missing files, that would be a job for TT support. The usual wait time for them is 48hrs via email. Or you can phone them.

iPhone 12
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick response mate your a star
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems. The camera files are activated by tomtom, so if you are missing some files, then tomtom will be the best people to contact.

Any further questions, just post in the forum and it will answered very quickly.

iPhone 12
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit of a side track i noticed you have a 940. My speech dialogue files were grey but i managed to download some files and put them into the western europe folder which activated the button however when i mention a city name it fails to recognize a word i say and solutions to this dilemma
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this really a new 930? You seem to be missing a lot of stuff! Confused
You shouldn't have needed to download speech recognition files.

Things to try...
Do you get a "level indicator" at the top right when you go to the "Spoken Address" or "Spoken address (Dialogue)" pages?

Try selecting a computer voice - this seems to have a connection to the Speech recognition.

Try a reset AND a "Return to factory settings" - I have had to do this several times when speech recognition fails, USUALLY after trying to copy a MapSettings.cfg file from another machine or software version.
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets put it this way they didnt have the postcode function either. This is a refurbished 930 that i paid 200 pound for from ebay. Ive lost all confidence in ebay i bought a rubbish car laptop and now tom tom all from the same crap site. Ive tried everything you suggested nothing worked
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between us here, we can probably get most things (like postcode search and speech recognition files) sorted, but it could end up a lot of hassle if you are a bit new to all this. As you now realise, other bits are subscription only so we can't help there.
So it might be worth trying to fight for your rights, get a refund from this eBay seller and start again... hopefully wiser after the third experience - don't trust eBay!
jay696934
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there im actually pretty good with computers i sorted out the zip code thing myself.... i can follow instructions pretty well.... im pretty sure if told what to do i could easily fix it..... i mean i downloaded speech recognition files but i think it may have been for the wrong map as i have an updated map thats how i got the voice dialogue t go from grey to active it just dosent work now so if someone could give me a reliable source for uk voice recognition for my map version i think i could sort this out. With regards to the subscribing part i wrote to tom tom to send me the missing files which i plan on installing hopefully and i should have a working unit. 200 pound do you think i got a good deal?????

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: