Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin nuvi 710, freezing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin nuvi 710, freezing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzman33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Garmin nuvi 710, freezing Reply with quote

Travelling on M1 near Luton, nuvi froze when car symbol angled at 45degrees to line of travel. Could only be rectifed by unplugging cigar lighter and reprogramming. Just switching off the unit then on again, would not work. Also happened again near Junction 14 of M1. Have tried to update software but told it was already up to date. Cannot see any other posts on this subject so wondering if their is a problem with my unit. Have only had it for 2 weeks.

Jazzman33
greg_m
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have a 255WT unit.
I've had the same problem about a week ago somewhere between M1 J16 and M6 J14. The map drawing stopped. Speed was fine, but arrival time was increasing (as I think the unit thought I was not moving). Then when I touched 'menu', went to 'tools' and then came back to a map it was only showing 'drawing' on the screen.
I'm not sure if this was related to a new map 2009 just uploaded to my SD card or to something else. I got the same issue between those junctions on my way back 3 days later.
have anyone had similar issue in a past?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: