Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Coding Linefeeds and Carriage returns
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Coding Linefeeds and Carriage returns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Coding Linefeeds and Carriage returns Reply with quote

It appears that the software in Satmap ignores multiple instances of spaces, carriage returns and line feeds. So basically I get a continuous page of text between the desc and /desc tags in the code. Does anyone know whether this CR's and LF's can be coded in anyway. At the moment I use a long line of full stops to try and create some kind of break up of text but this is not ideal.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you trying to do? if you are viewing a Route file which is still in the .map file format then it does look jumbled up, if you export the data from the device using the SatSync software it should be displayed in a far more intelligible in the GPX format - Mike
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
What are you trying to do? if you are viewing a Route file which is still in the .map file format then it does look jumbled up, if you export the data from the device using the SatSync software it should be displayed in a far more intelligible in the GPX format - Mike

I'm using gsak software to creat a POI file of geocaches. This creates a gpx file. When I view the code in notepad/wordpad it looks intelligable and shows LF and CR. When I import to satmap the line feeds and a carriage returns are removed.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap confirmed today that it is not possible to add any code to do what I'm looking for but said that it should be available in the next release of SatSYNC coming in the next month or so

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: