Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 720T - unable to recover due to corrupt files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 720T - unable to recover due to corrupt files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff83
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Go 720T - unable to recover due to corrupt files Reply with quote

Hi,
My first time for posting so please be leniant.
I have 2 Go 720Ts, both bought at the same time, one for me and one for my daughter.
My daughters one has just come back from TT after a repair for constantly rebooting. The view of the map seemed different to the way it was before it went to them.
Anyway heres the prob, I very stupidly overwrote the Western Europe folder on my daughters TT with the Western Europe folder for my TT. It wouldn't work after this so i set about trying various things, I copied all the files from her TT to the PC first, I then copied all files and folders from my one to the PC, deleted all the files and folders on her TT and copied my ones across. I updated via Home and ran the clear flash utilty. I now am unable to choose a map for it as the error message I get is ' You cannot use this map on this device: Western_Europe-7' it is now out of warranty by about 4 days.
Can anyone offer any assistance to me please?
Thank you,
Geoff
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't swap maps between units as they are locked to the unit they were installed on.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why making good backups is so essential.

And it looks like you did it in the wrong order....

If, as you say, you really copied everything from your daughter's machine to the PC AFTER, you'd messed around, then then I'm afraid you are stuck....
If you'd done it before, you could have just copied it straight back and all would be the same as it was when you got it back from repair.

As said above, you can't put your* maps on to it, the files aren't "corrupted" they are deliberately keyed to work with only one device to stop piracy.

You need to put hers back, and if they don't exist now, then I'm afraid the only legal option is to buy a new map. you can do that via Home or the TT website.
Geoff83
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies, can you advise me what to do to prepare the unit for a new map? should I delete anything first?
Thanks, Geoff
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take the incorrect map folder off.
When you use Home to download the map, it should tell you if you need to make any more space for the latest map. If you do, deleting voices that you don't use is a good start.
Also the Canary Islands map folder if you have one!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: