Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Should I use latest map guarantee now or wait?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I use latest map guarantee now or wait?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w44neg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Should I use latest map guarantee now or wait? Reply with quote

I just wondered if anyone knows about any pending map releases?

I bought a Go 940 on the 7th November and there's a new map currently available (I have v810 and there's now v815 available).

It'd be common sense to wait for the end of the 30 days but if there's no new maps coming out I'd rather just get it done now Smile
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the 8.15 series of maps came out in November (probably 1 day before you bought your unit Smile ). I hardly think another release will be made before the end of the year -- whether people are on subscription updates or not (we in North America do NOT have subscriptions offered). So, I'd go for the 8.15 now; further; if the user has firmware 8.3, IQ v2 only works with that firmware and 8.15 maps.

Be advised that Home's implementation of the LMG is sometimes a crapshoot. It works for some, not for others. If you try it and it says you have the most updated map, call customer support. Be prepared to send a scan, fax or photo of your receipt to prove you're in the 30-day window. At least we in NA often have to resort to that method.
w44neg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Will go ahead and update it a little later on in that case :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: