Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom and Routing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom and Routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tortoise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Tom Tom and Routing Reply with quote

Have just travelled to Switzerland using MRE. Going was fine. It went the way i knew along motorways, but why on the return did it take me along French N roads until near Calais. Also is it possible to store a route in Tom Tom and ask it to use the reverse on the return journey. Thanks.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To an extent, yes - it's possible to store routes and reverse them.

Assuming that we're talking about TomTom Navigator 3, set up your route as an itinerary - you may find that simply reversing the order of the points does the job, or you may find that you need different 'drive by' points to reverse the journey. You can tap and hold on the background of the itinerary screen to get a menu to load and save itineraries.

David
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
To an extent, yes - it's possible to store routes and reverse them.

Assuming that we're talking about TomTom Navigator 3, set up your route as an itinerary - you may find that simply reversing the order of the points does the job, or you may find that you need different 'drive by' points to reverse the journey. You can tap and hold on the background of the itinerary screen to get a menu to load and save itineraries.

David

I have done this route a few times using Itineraries, as I prefer not to use the Peages as they may be quicker but they are so boring and there are some lovely routes through France.

Just reversing the Drive bys doesn't work though as invariably they will be on a dual carriageway/motorway, and you have to get the correct side for the direction you are travelling. Otherwise it will send you back and fowards like a yo-yo. Like I said, been there, done that... :-)

Steve.
Lloyders
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me with TT3 information please!

I bought Destinator 3 recently and have found its routing so awful that i am arguing to return it.

It seems to send you down every farm track and back alley known to man whilst a large A-road runs right next to it!!There are loads of other problems with it too but this is the main one as i want to use it with a caravan and this just isnt posible with the way it routs you.

Is tomtom3 any different?
Do you have the sae problems?

Any advice would be great!

Cheers,

Lloyders Twisted Evil
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I have had this problem in the UK, but I understand it happens with the French maps occasionally and in Switzerland in the Emmentaler region it took me along a couple of narrow roads.....Not bad for 3 years use.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: