Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - map updates and speed camera files.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

map updates and speed camera files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adiegreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: map updates and speed camera files. Reply with quote

I have been ver happy with GArmin to date but little un amused at the moment. My sister and i have had 4 between us and last month bought my father a wide screen nuvi. This week on the new machine which registers on purchase has started flashing up a notice at start about needing new map updates. I phoned Garmin. Of course you cannot buy and use the updates and split the cost over three units so how can you get rid of the screen. Simple.... spend the £60. gee thanks Garmin..........

So am stuck with my nuvi for now, want to use it next month with camera database in Spain. Currently it is set at MPH in uk . I have downloaded the Euro camera file from this site. Do I need to re-set the machine while i am away to read the KPH warning or will the machine do it from the file

Thanks
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply set the unit to Km/h and Km for distance, from the set-up screen. That's all you need to do.

Re the updates.

Was this brand new, sealed in a box, from a GARMIN authorised re-seller? If so I would contact them as it should have been supplied with the latest (2008) mapping. Contact the seller.

As for updates to all units - it may seem "unfair" but you could be using all units at the same time (e.g. in different cars). GARMIN have to pay royalties to the mapping company for each map they issue. This is a recent change as the old Garmin policy allowed you to install the map onto a second unit 'for free'.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: