Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi360
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi360

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Nuvi360 Reply with quote

Can anyone help with the following ?
I have had the following problem with the NUVI is in the car, on conecting power, the following is displayed "updating bluetooth Firmware 0%", the unit than locks up. A restart with back button is required and only after disconnecting power. Garmin`s suggestions of updating bluetooth firmware manually on the unit have not worked. I notice "red light remaining on when using car charger" has been mentioned on other threads indicating insufficient power! Mine always turns and remains red (orangy), could this have a bearing. I think the bluetooth updating problem may have started after uploading Camera Database??? I could not get the problem to duplicate when connected anywhere else apart from in the car nor can I get it to duplicate since I removed POI`s. Could the power thing be a possible cause?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried it with a different power lead in the car? that is, if you know anyone with a garmin or a motorola phone (same power supply for in-car charger)

failing that it may be worth contacting garmin and sending it to them for them to take a look

MaFt
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for assistance.
Have contacted GARMIN. They said that the power supply has nothing to do with my problems but are posting another supply unit to me.
I notice that on the forums normal satellite finding from switching the unit on should be fairly quick, 5 min or so. When I switch the ignition on satellites take approx. 15 min to find. This really is unacceptable.
Could this also be supply problems?
From new, in the house, the 360 took less than five min.
I wonder if I have a Friday afternoon unit. I will wait until the new power lead comes and see what happens. Then I will post status.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Garmin - neither of your problems should be due to the car charger problems (especially as the 360 often comes with the better charger anyway).

I assume, given you are having satellite problems that you have now resolved the Bluetooth firmware problem, else you wouldn't be able to get this far...

A couple of things - what car do you drive? Cars with an athermic windscreen (common with Peugeot / Citroen cars for instance) or heated windscreens will have more problems getting a signal, and could take longer.

Secondly - is the GPS antenna flat, and not angled at 45 degrees, or straight up?

Thirdly - are you giving it time tothe work out your position before driving off? If you are moving it will always take longer to work it out.

The problems I've heard of with bad satellite signal lock (to the extent of never getting a lock) seem to be limited to the 300/350 and within them a set serial number range, so if it's not the above, it could be a faulty unit.

However, it could also be that there are tall buildings blocking the signal, or that the satellites are simply all low on the horizon when you are trying. Keep trying for a few more days, and answer the above questions, and maybe we can get it more reliable without you needing to talk to Garmin again.
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Garmin 360 problems Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply
Received power supply from GARMIN, it has red light when connected.
I removed the Camera files and reinstalled them. The Bluetooth updating has disappeared, at the moment; I am getting a momentary "GPS updating", upon switch on.
Interestingly I connected the GARMIN, which had not been switched on for about 3 hours with new power lead, Sat in the car on the drive for over 25 mins (no tall buildings, normal glass screen, etc) even holding the unit outside the car still connected, than stood outside, just on battery power, for over 15 mins still no signal.
I reset the unit on the back reset button, within a few seconds all satellites found. Than worked beautifully all day.
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ho
Going out to a place called Danes Dyke (near Bridlington, East York’s ) for a walk this morning, got in the car to go there, ignition on, GARMIN He Say "updating Bluetooth 0%" and stays totally locked up until taken off cradle and reset button activated!

As a point of interest would someone put in "Danes Dyke" into a GARMIN to see if Danes Dyke would come up? Even when I was at the place and "Danes Dyke" was showing on the screen, I did another search for it, yet still "no matches found". I must admit to shouting at the top off my voice "I’m not looking for matches". Loud groan from my better half. Does this mean that even though places are in the memory they still are not found or is this another problem with my unit. Burton Constable Hall does not come up either.
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
360 returned to Garmin for repair. Turnaround about 10 days I`m told. Insured (£450) special delivery £4.50, hopefully might get lost!!!
Urb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to finish this thread off, Garmin promptly replaced my unit and that has worked well to this day.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: