Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Please help - Bluetooth GPS setup TT3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help - Bluetooth GPS setup TT3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d3f3nd3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Please help - Bluetooth GPS setup TT3 Reply with quote

I just got TT3 today (been a Destinator 3 man). I am unable to to get my GPS to talk to TT3. I installed the TT3 upgrade patch. I am using a Pretec BlueGPS and iPaq 4150.

I have read you should uninstall the Tomtom ~ GPS driver but when I do that TT3 doesn't start up anymore.

I can make a connection easily using the normal Bluetooth manager (on Com 6) but since I installed TT3 I cannot use the Pretec utility to make a connection any more, it gives an error.

When I go to the drop down menu in TT3 GPS screen, I have tried selecting a few different ones but mainly tried NMEA 0183v2 38400 and then I select my 'Bluetooth Serial Port Com 6:' but then I am nable to tick the box on the right. When ever I select any other setting it lets me tick the box but the GPS doesn't talk to TT3.

I need this for tomorrow so if anyone can help me quickly I will appreciate it very much!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remove the TomTom GPS driver completely and re-install TomTom GPS 2.07 . See if that helps

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt ive tried it Twisted Evil Sad

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Please help - Bluetooth GPS setup TT3 Reply with quote

d3f3nd3r wrote:
I have read you should uninstall the Tomtom ~ GPS driver but when I do that TT3 doesn't start up anymore.

Er, this was the first thing I did when testing TTN3 and with TTN3.01 and had no problems with this at all.

All I did was uninstall TomTom ~ GPS let it soft reset and it was okay after this.
d3f3nd3r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I tried it a few times and on all occasions it asks me to restart, I do that, then I tap on TomTom Navigator on the homescreen and just get the hourglass timer thingy. I've now left it for 15mins and it just sits there.

I am suddenly regretting spending my cash on this product. I've just looked up 3 addresses (the places I travel to most) and none were found! Friends of mine live in Walderslade (Chatham, Kent) and the street isn't even listed, I had to go as far out as Chatham before I could get the street listing. My own neighbourhood isn't listed either! Thing is in Destinator 3 they're all there. Because I can't uninstall the GPS driver I now cannot use Memory-map/Destinator 3/Pretec util either. A complete balls-up. Waste of money.

Do they have UK support?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have tapped to soft reset, try running up the GPS driver (in START | SETTINGS | SYSTEM | GPS and see if this will load. It may be stuck on something really strange causing it to lock on startup. If you can get in change it to NMEA 0183v2 4800.

Must admit I haven't done a clean install of TTN3, just an upgrade so there may be a difference here.
Pi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: TTN3 + Fortuna Clip On BT GPS Receiver Reply with quote

I can't make the GPS Receiver reliable!

HELP!

i have tried lots of different config, but don't think I am doing it right.

Regards

Pi
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pi unistall the lot reset then install tt3v without the upgrade it should work after that i have it on my 2210 and xda2 and had to do this on both devices to get it to work

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Pi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all.

Turns out my BT GPS Receiver was broke.

New one installed and ................... Houston We Have Lift-Off!

Happy :D Thumbs Up 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: