Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 730T and Map Guarantee
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

730T and Map Guarantee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: 730T and Map Guarantee Reply with quote

Hi All

Bit of advice required please. Just bought a 730T (upgrading from Go Classic) and it has come with Map v800.1762

As there are the V805 maps out I'm assuming that I can get the latest maps using the guarantee.

However do you think it's worth waiting to see if there's any further update (after the 30% sale) at the end of the month. I'm assuming you can only get a new map once

I bought the 730T on 14th July but haven't registered it yet on TomTom Home

Any thoughts would be welcomed
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally, the automatic Latest Map Guarantee doesn't work, and you need to contact TomTom to give it a kick. If you have to do this, they will ask for a proof of purchase, and apply the LMG in relation to the purchase date. Therefore, whatever you decide, don't leave it too long before attempting to use the LMG.

Presumably, the current maps are working OK, and there's no urgent need to update immediately. If it were me, I would probably wait until about a week into August and see if a new version was issued by then. If not you can then download the current one, and that would still give you time to contact TomTom if necessary. (However, knowing my luck, if it were me, I could expect the new map to come out the day AFTER I had used the LMG!)
Blue11
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice..

I've checked in LMP (within home this evening) and there is an updated map to download which is presumably 8.05 but I'll leave it to early August and see if any newer maps are made available..
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a theory (not proved, just seems to be that way) that LMG applies the next release number following the one on your device. So if (theoretical) you have v800, you can easily get v805 within the 30 days, but if you wait until v810 is out (still within the 30 days), you'll not be offered it, only the next version 805. According to the TT wording, you are entitled to any new map which comes out within the 30 days, but the LMG "system" (!!) can't handle it. People have succeeded in getting that later one, but only after giving TomTom a very hard time.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm really optimistic about the new map updates. tomtom and teleatlas have been up to all sorts of good stuff recently (with google as well), and i t hink all the map updates from now on will be "worth it". i'd say hold out for as long as the map guarantee allows.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: