Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 730 Battery Life
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

730 Battery Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: 730 Battery Life Reply with quote

Hi the manuals dont say but anyone know what the battery life is on the 730?

Thanks Wendick
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all... Hi, and Welcome Smile

At the top of this window is a " Search" button.

If youclick on that, then put "Battery Life" in the search box, select "search for all terms" (or words), and select just the TomTom section of the forum in the drop-down box, you'll get all the mentions of battery life in the forum (with your query at the top) of the list.

Check out the ones for either the 730 or the 720 as they are the same hardware.
I can see a good one called "Battery life on Tomtom 720", another called "930T poor battery life" and another called "720 Battery life?"

Any of those should answer your question Thumbs Up
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully charged with everything in use, Bluetooth and FM Tx I would expect around an hour, and the handsfree performance is useless.

Plug in the supplied charger cable and it works fine - they do supply the charger cable for a reason!

The claims of 4 or even 5 hours endurance from the battery are possibly true, but will be taken with the device at a specific temperature probably in a lab or airconditioned office (hard to keep constant in a car), with every possible power save mode enabled i.e. everything turned off including the display unless it needs to prompt for a junction (this is possible, but I doubt anyone uses it this way) - Mike
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Fully charged with everything in use, Bluetooth and FM Tx I would expect around an hour, and the handsfree performance is useless.

Plug in the supplied charger cable and it works fine - they do supply the charger cable for a reason!

The claims of 4 or even 5 hours endurance from the battery are possibly true, but will be taken with the device at a specific temperature probably in a lab or airconditioned office (hard to keep constant in a car), with every possible power save mode enabled i.e. everything turned off including the display unless it needs to prompt for a junction (this is possible, but I doubt anyone uses it this way) - Mike

I would totally agree with what mikealder has said

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: