Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin mobile xt n95
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin mobile xt n95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buxz797
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: garmin mobile xt n95 Reply with quote

hi there using garmin mobile xt on the nokia n95 wit the latest firmware but i really need some help with this one , iam using the uk and europe complete zoned speed camera database uploaded to garmin via poloader .

i have manaully installed them so i can select the distance i want them to go off at , i selected 500 ft ,

basically the speed cams are working as they alarm goes off and it flashes at the top of the screen 30mph limit etc

however i can not see the speed camera on the map like you can on tt6 and many other sat navs , please tell me this isnt true and that there is a way to get the speed cam showing on the road so i know exactly where it is

the way its set up at mo is very frustrating as for 500 ft before the camera and 500 ft after the camera iam getting a warning noise but cant see where the camera actually is on the map

please please help me ive done a search and couldnt find anything at all

thanks alot in advance

buxz :-)
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not display the icon until the screen is zoomed in to a certain level. With the small screen size on mobile phones they may have different display criteria to the other satnav units (eg nuvi).

It may be worth checking that the file names are correct (I'm sure they will be unless you've been 'playing' with them.) The .bmp's should be EXACTLY the same name as the .csv file

Also are you following a route at the time? (I.e. do you have a route planned and active). If not then you will be getting warnings from 500ft in any direction of where you are - which could be off the screen to the side depending on the zoom you have on the screen.
buxz797
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya mate thanks for your reply its much appreciated i have tryed it many ways , mainly by driving past a speed cam that i know at the top of my road , with a) a route planned and b) no route planned.

i have now noticed that i can see a tiny blue dot on the road so maybe i have to zoom in a bit more to see it , ill get back to you on that one it may work ,

iam also going to change it to about 350 - 400 ft , 500ft is just a bit far :-)

thanks again for the reply iam using zoned complete from the download database and i havent messed about with them at all :-)

thanks again
buxz797
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope still no joy with displaying the speed cam icons on the n95 , i get the noise , i get the warning at the top of the screen , i also get a little blue dot on the road where the speed cam is , its weird becuase i have had them display the picture of the speed cam on the road but now it wont have it at all ,

would it be because iam using uk and euro speed zoned complete files?? maybe they are cancelling each other out hence me getting ablue dot and not a picture of the warning symbol ie gatso pic with 30mph
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue dot is a clue!

It means that the .BMP image has the wrong name. the blue dot is the default icon Garmin will use when this occurs. Check all the file names carefully. The .csv files MUST be EXACTLY the same name as the image (.bmp) files.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: