Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any opinions an the xx5 Nuvis?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any opinions an the xx5 Nuvis?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nheather
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Any opinions an the xx5 Nuvis? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have to replace my SatNav as my faulty TomTom 720 has been returned and refunded.

I've also been looking at what I really need.

Traffic - Can't say I'm that bothered
Hands Free - Was a big deal but I'm about to get a new car that has BlueTooth phone integration
Pictures - Don't care
Music - Don't care
FM Transmitter - Don't care
Remote control - Do like this but can't justify the extra cost just to get this feature
Maps - Europe would be nice, USA not needed

So I'm looking at a lesser model instead - the TomTom One Explorer Europe.

However, because of my recent experiences with the 720 hardware and all my 'dealings' with TomTom support I'm considering changing brands.

So I was looking at the Nuvi 250W but then noticed it's successor has just been released, the 255W.

Any opinions of the 255W yet?

What are Garmin like in terms of product reliability and support? Better than TomTom or much the same?

Also the Garmin website shows the only version is the 255W(T) and it's specification describes it's Traffic Capability. But it also says that it is Traffic Compatible whereas the UK retailers just describe it as a 255W. So I'm not entirely sure whether it supports Traffic out of the box or whether extra accessories need to be purchased. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nigel
nheather
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the answer to one of my questions as the units have started appearing with the retailers. There are two versions 255W and 255WT, one with traffice and one without. About £20 difference.

Cheers,

Nigel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: