Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reset Trip & More (Newbie)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reset Trip & More (Newbie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scifipaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reset Trip & More (Newbie) Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry if this ihas been discussed elsewhere, after trawling the message boards I bought TT! XL Western Europe yesterday from PC World with Price Promise against Tesco for £136, thanks for the help pon this one.

The thing is I am trying to find the answer to the following questions but can not!

1, If I have set a trip from where ever I am to say my place of work, I teh decide that I no longer want to go to my place of work how to I reset it so that the TT1 does not keep trying to take me to work?

2, I have tried to do a search for a road name, it should be under one post code but comes up under another!

How for instance would I find the following road in any of the search options?
Twelvetrees Crescent, would I need to put in a post code or can it just search for that road across the country and come back with the details?

As when I put a part postcode of E3 it only comes back with a very few road name options and not the one I am looking for.

What am I doing wrong?

Also trying to update my TT1 but keeps coming up as server not working

Any ideas

Thanks in advance for any help
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can help with 1. All you should need to do is click on the screen to get to Main Menu 1 of 3, click the right arrow twice to get tp Main Menu 3 of 3 and then click Clear Route. Hope that helps.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reset Trip & More (Newbie) Reply with quote

scifipaul wrote:

How for instance would I find the following road in any of the search options?
Twelvetrees Crescent, would I need to put in a post code or can it just search for that road across the country and come back with the details?

To help with the second question:
You select Navigate to...,
Address,
Street and house number,
Enter City (this would include towns, villages etc) but I think you want London in this case,
Enter Street,
Enter House Number,
Press OK.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reset Trip & More (Newbie) Reply with quote

scifipaul wrote:

As when I put a part postcode of E3 it only comes back with a very few road name options and not the one I am looking for.

What am I doing wrong?

If you want to navigate to a street follow the instructions in my post above.
If you want to navigate to a postcode use:
Navigate to...
Address
Postcode
Enter postcode (When I enter E3 I get 144 road names so enter a bit more of the postcode to narrow it down)
Enter House Number (you will only get asked for this for roads where the tomtom knows the numbering layout)

What are you doing wrong? Perhaps you are entering the postcode into the Street & House Number option? Try the instructions above and if it doesn't work come back and let us know where you get to when it goes wrong.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Reset Trip & More (Newbie) Reply with quote

scifipaul wrote:

Also trying to update my TT1 but keeps coming up as server not working

And to anwser your final question it seems that other people are also having problems, see here. The usual advice is to simply wait and try again in a day or two.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: