Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 720 and v8 maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 720 and v8 maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: tomtom 720 and v8 maps Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been covered but with so many threads about tomtom 720 and v8 I havn't got all day to find it ..........

I have updated my tt to version 8 ,but if i try and update my maps all I get is v720 which i believe is not compatible for iq routes and lane assist ,what i would like to know is how does 1 go about getting v8 maps (before you ask I'm paying) and if i do will it work on my 720 ...... I do see you can get it from tt website but only got as far as seeing it there

thanks
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to tell TomTom that you have a x30 model, then you can obtain the 8.05 map.
tomtomboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Tomtom maps V8.05 Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Just read your forum on tomtom version 8.05 maps, i have a tomtom 720 and version 8.05 western map running on it, you need to update the core to version 8 to get the map running as version 7 does not support the map. Only problem you would have there is no support just as yet from tomtom. Version 8.05 maps have the new IQ Routing on it and Lane Guidence as well, and work Quite well. Very Happy What gets me is we have a x20's series and they have discontinued the model in under 12 months for the so called x30's which is a 720 with a new facia. WOW Evil or Very Mad To download the map you need to go to the shop on the tomtom website and say you want the x30's series map from the drop down menu, and then follow the stages through. Once its installed on your device make a hard copy from the device to a new folder, but as tomtom say you can download it for 12 months, just delete the file in tomtom downloads, then go to home and updates then download it again.

Hope this helps Laughing

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: