Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No longer able to transfer tracks after s/w update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No longer able to transfer tracks after s/w update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotty1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: No longer able to transfer tracks after s/w update Reply with quote

I have a Quest, and a few months ago updated the firmware to 4.10.

From that point on I've been unable to transfer tracks from the Quest to the PC, unless connected to one of only two of my USB ports on the PC (and that includes trying to use it on the USB2 port on my laptop)

The Quest is recognised just fine, and I can transfer waypoints and routes to and from the Quest, but when I try to transfer a track from the Quest it gets to anything between 5% and 15% at which point I get a [MapSource] error saying "There was an error communicating with your device"

I've updated MapSource and the USB drivers to the latest versions, but it still keeps happening on all but these two (of 10) ports on the PC.

Garmin UK support was fairly useless in that they kept telling me simply to update to the latest versions of everything (which I kept pointing out that I'd already done) ... then, after 8 emails, they said that they'd never heard of this problem, to update my software and also that "if it's not going into a USB port directly on the PC this can cause issues".

For all the years I've had the Quest there has never been a problem transferring data via any of the USB ports on the PC or the laptop or even via USB hubs (USB1 and USB2) ... and after the latest update it no longer works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem (which I suspect is a firmware problem in the Quest itself) and know of a fix.
Frabble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest going back to the previous version firmware to see if it is an issue with the unit.
gotty1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of my first thoughts, but I couldn't find a downloadable copy of the previous version (I don't have one on my PC)

Any idea where one can download the previous version?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here. http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/quest/
gotty1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gatorguy ... just what the doctor ordered. I'm in Florida myself at the moment, and online access is a little limited.

I'll DL and install the earlier version when I get back to the UK.

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: