Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which software to get?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which software to get?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealpieman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Which software to get? Reply with quote

I have got a HTC TyTN II and am currently using the free tomtom software. However as has been pointed out on these forums the maps are very out of date (my trip to work is wrong!) and although that doesn't affect me getting to work I can see it will could be a problem if I was to use the software in anger.

I have seen a few posts recomending copilot, route 66, or i-go software and I was wondering if anyone had any views as to which of these is 'best'.

I'm going to use this software for family holidays in the UK (perhaps to europe), some work trips in the south east. I will be using this sites camera database.

Thanks for your help, sorry for where I have posted this as I couldn't see an obvious forum to post the question in, so mods move it if you know where it should go!
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed from TTN5 to iGO 2006+ some time back and what a difference. I'm just on the verge of upgrading to iGO8, which I'venow seen working and am really impressed. The only thing I'm not really interested in is 3D buildings, although 3D terrain is a plus.

Watch three video's HERE

It says 'coming soon' but it's out now.
therealpieman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that it does look good software, I have a concern with it being locked to the card they supply. I like to have a lot of storage on my phone and of course a backup of the software if I lose the phone/card.

Is your current software locked, and if so does it cause any problems?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is your current software locked, and if so does it cause any problems?
Yes it's locked to the card but hasn't caused me any problems. I have a backup on my hard drive and also on a 'data' DVD. Although if I lose the card I'm stuck. I haven't lost any so far from my Sat Navs or Camera so hopefully my 'luck' will continue.

If my device is lost or stolen, complete witth SD card, I can claim all but the first £100 on my home insurance.

The plus side of having the programme locked to the card is, I can change my device at any time and no problems with reactivating.

It's all PRO's with iGO but the only CON (not a play on words Smile ) is being locked to the card. iGO 2006+ has seen me well all over UK and France and I'll be sticking with them. (All pretty good stuff).

(I've got a birthday coming up and I've hinted to my wife it may be a good idea to update my 'very outdated maps' Wink and iGO8 is out, or out soon for my device, with the 'very latest maps'. Now I keep my mouth shut until she mentions it and I'll be able to say 'That's a good idea, yes please, nice present). Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: