Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to Install/Run Copilot Live 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to Install/Run Copilot Live 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Unable to Install/Run Copilot Live 7 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am currently unable to run CoPilot Live 7 on my Asus M530W (Windows Mobile 6 Standard Smartphone).

Has anyone managed, or even tried to run ALK CoPilot 7 Live on their Asus530W please?

Although it appears to install correctly, as soon as I then try to run the program for the first time (before I even get to activate it) I just get a 75% blank screen with just the right hand (vertical) quarter still visible, if that makes sense, and there it stays!

I have already spent ages talking to CoPilot technical support, who have now escalated the problem as I have tried virtually everything, including going back to a 'factory reset' and starting from scratch as it were, using a different micro SD card etc., etc.

Just to make things worse, I am not even able to run their (ALK's) CoPilot Central Desktop Software program on my main PC, owing to a separate 'bug' of which they are also aware.... (Edit) and for which they have just released a patch... see my post in the appropriate thread for more details.

Needless to say, I am not very happy at the moment.
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had hoped for at least some sort of feedback here, but just in case anyone is interested, ALK have at last managed to find a solution for me.

What it appears was happening is that the program was trying to install in portrait, rather than landscape mode.

I was therefore asked to manually edit a small configuration file, by just changing a '1' to a '2', and it then ran and installed OK.

A few minutes later I was paired up with my Emtac Mini-S3 which accurately pinpointed my location.

Although the problem shouldn't have occured in the first place, it is encouraging that ALK were able to offer a solution.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: