Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transfer licence
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfer licence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Transfer licence Reply with quote

Hi I had a quick look sorry if it is an old topic but can I transfer my speed camera license to a new and different device ? Many thanks Roger
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the PGPSW license, it's personal and covers all devices you own under the same roof.

If not a PGPSW license can you clarify what you are referring to?
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul - yes I do mean pwgps thingy - so I can download it for another device - so how do you know I own it ? - very trusting. Therefore, more importantly. if I want to sell the mobile I have ('cause I'm buying a new one) I should therefore disable the camera database ?

Best Roger
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogertb wrote:
Thanks Paul - yes I do mean pwgps thingy - so I can download it for another device - so how do you know I own it ? - very trusting. Therefore, more importantly. if I want to sell the mobile I have ('cause I'm buying a new one) I should therefore disable the camera database ?

Best Roger

Indeed we are trusting but we think this is the best and fairest solution. The data is uniquely coded and can be traced back to the originating subscriber. So if you load our data onto your friends/colleagues etc devices then ultimately you risk forfeiting your sub if discovered and this has happened. In one case a member had been loading the data onto all his mates and colleagues devices. The data subsequently found its way onto a file share site. We monitor these and check for our trace data whenever it appears.

Similarly as you have raised the point, you should always remove the data before sale to avoid any problems, the subscription agreement is between PocketGPSWorld and you, not any future owners.
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren excellent attitude / method and well worthy of adherence - thanks for the clarification - Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: