Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 6 on WM6 ? POI for motorbike parking?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 6 on WM6 ? POI for motorbike parking?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliverl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 6 on WM6 ? POI for motorbike parking? Reply with quote

Hi,

I upgraded TMobile MDA Vario 2 from WM5 to WM6. Significant problems with calendar and contacts as a result.

EXTREMELY unhelpful "customer support" from TMobile - I'm taking it further with them. Basically agent orange said that although TMob provide this WM upgrade it is not supported by them and you do at own risk. I think a "duty of care" case through OfCom will make them change their tune.

Now I have that off my chest ....

1. Can CoPilot 6 install on WM6? It's not working on my device and I'm thinking I will get stung for the "upgrade" to CoPilot 7 when I was satisiied with CoPilot 6

2. Is there a link that describes how to get a POI database for CoPilot for motorcycle parking in London (or anywhere in the UK for that matter?)

Thanks

Clive
cliverl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

For the record, this problem has been fixed by ALK CoPilot technical support

Basically

1. Find through Explorer on the hand set the copilot.wm5ppc.cab file - on the storage card in my case.

2. Click on the cab file. This starts the installation.

3. During the installation process on the device, when prompted, select device not storage card to install the application.

4. The application installs and works on the MDA Vario. In my case I did not even have to re-enter the activation code.

This is the second time I have contacted ALK CoPilot Tech support and on both occasions I have found them to be efficient, knowledgable and helpful - and the problem was fixed.
I have no connection with ALK apart from being a customer. Good news stories rarely get air time so I posted this.

Clive
cliverl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions on finding a POI for motorbike parking in London for CoPilot?

Clive

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: