Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman icn720 downloads/updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman icn720 downloads/updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stan7710
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: navman icn720 downloads/updates Reply with quote

Hi.
can anyone out there help an over 70s beginner.I have just got a navman icn720 with uk/ireland pre installed.I was hoping to venture to france this year but am unable to load the france map supplied on cd.as i do not have the map product code asked for.I have asked at comet and halfords in leeds but they know nothing about it,and the navman site is worse than useless.Also an easy way to install speed cameras would be very welcome as i am not great with computing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stan, and welcome....

I probably can't help with the Navman question as I'm not a user of their kit, but might it be that they supply the maps on the CD, but you have to buy the code to use them?

As for the instructions on installing the database, I always have a smile when people say "please give me the EASY instructions, as I don't understand computers".
Unfortunately, you have to use a computer "just a bit" to install the database on any machine, and various people have spent long times trying to write a set of instructions that can be followed by different people with varying amounts of knowledge.
In doing that, you have to make a decision about what basic levels of understanding people will have, otherwise, if you have to detail every tiny step, the instructions become totally unmanageable.

Can I give an example?

"To boil an egg"

Version 1:
1. Take the egg and place it in boiling water
2. Cook for 3 minutes

Version 2:
1.You will probably keep the eggs in your fridge. To open the fridge door, first ascertain on which side the door opens. You can either check to see if you can see the hinges, or it is probably easier to look for the handle. The door will open on the handle side. Open the door.
2. Do I need to go on? Laughing

I'd be the first to admit that sometimes in the forums people assume too much prior knowledge, but hopefully the instructions themselves cover everything to a reasonable level.
I'm assuming you've seen all the write-ups describing the database and how it works, and the various versions available? All of those are either on the download page or on clickable "links" from it. Plus the actual instructions for installing to your particular device should be accessible form the big green and yellow chart on that page. If you follow those instructions and get stuck, just come back and say exactly where it all goes wrong for you and we can give some more specific advice.

Hope that helps!
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Can I give an example?

"To boil an egg"

Version 1:
1. Take the egg and place it in boiling water
2. Cook for 3 minutes

Version 2:
1.You will probably keep the eggs in your fridge. To open the fridge door, first ascertain on which side the door opens. You can either check to see if you can see the hinges, or it is probably easier to look for the handle. The door will open on the handle side. Open the door.
2. Do I need to go on? Laughing

That was getting good, when do I get the rest? Very Happy

Hi stan

Click this link to the Nvman web site where they sell the maps for your Navman. I would consider calling navman to buy the codes but I'm sure they will probably cost as much as the cd's themselves. If you bought the full euro maps they will come with the cd code and would be a little more up to date than the maps you currently have. Navman are currently selling the erou maps for only £39.99 + p&p.

Have fun.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: