Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x950t no dvd
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x950t no dvd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannyy007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: x950t no dvd Reply with quote

Hi
Can any one help i have just bought a via michelin x 950t but there was no dvd with it so the pc cant recognise gps, it was second hand and the previous owner lost it.
I want to download the updates but need cd ,has any one got a spare or does anyone no were i can get one.

Thanks.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: x950t no dvd Reply with quote

Dannyy007 wrote:
Hi
Can any one help i have just bought a via michelin x 950t but there was no dvd with it so the pc cant recognise gps, it was second hand and the previous owner lost it.
I want to download the updates but need cd ,has any one got a spare or does anyone no were i can get one.

Thanks.

The DVD is an integral part of the package and without it there is little you can do with your purchase except run the VM as is. If the purchase was legitimate and the previous owner had registered it, then could you get his details then contact VM and see if you can get a replacement DVD? Was it a Boot Sale Rolling Eyes
Dannyy007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply gee- pee
But i bought it of ebay and he said it didn't have one when he got it so it looks like am stuck.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannyy007 wrote:
Thanks for the reply gee- pee
But i bought it of ebay and he said it didn't have one when he got it so it looks like am stuck.

Sounds very dodgy to me, all of the units should come with a DVD containing the software and a backup copy of the maps.
I would contact the seller again maybe even report to ebay as if it's being sold without the DVD then I have a horrid feeling that it was maybe swiped from someone's windscreen?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe even report to ebay as if it's being sold without the DVD then I have a horrid feeling that it was maybe swiped from someone's windscreen?

Quite likely Exclamation

I should have a look HERE or even check with VM with the device number. Crying or Very sad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation A word of caution about the SD card - without the DVD it cannot be restored if the data or programs on it get changed or corrupted. So don't handle it any more than you have to and try to leave it in the unit at all times. (NB You can at least charge up the unit on the PC with the USB cable.)

For what it's worth (which probably isn't much now!), your seller 075021 bought an x950T from adl-accessories on 25 November last year. In THAT ad the DVD-rom is mentioned as being included! So if it's the same unit 075021 either didn't check when they received it, or someone had some other purpose for the DVD and are telling porkies. Stop!

By the way, another oddity in the ads - adl-accessories describe the maps as UK & Ireland, but in 075021's the specification says France maps! I presume you have in fact got UK on there somewhere ??!!! (again, assuming you wanted them) Confused Otherwise it looks like it might be a different, continental, x950t got in some dodgy deal which has been passed on to you.

Last edited by BigPerk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dannyy007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys but it came with the box and one manual and chargers only thing that didn't come was the bloody dvd Laughing Out Loud.
I did contact the seller and he said.

didn't have a DVD for the GPS when I got it. You can find various add ons/tutorials/updates online either at the ViaMichelin website or look around for download sites that will have various free downloads you can use.
Hope that helps.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dannyy007 wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys but it came with the box and one manual and chargers only thing that didn't come was the bloody dvd Laughing Out Loud.
I did contact the seller and he said.............
"didn't have a DVD for the GPS when I got it. You can find various add ons/tutorials/updates online either at the ViaMichelin website or look around for download sites that will have various free downloads you can use. "
Hope that helps.

Hi Danny
I've been searching, with some difficulty, for a Manual for your VM. Anyway, I have got it now and had a look to see what came in the box and if it did have a 'Content Manager' similar to current VM devices. Firstly, what version of the X-930T have you? Is it v.5 or v.6? It seems both are discontinued SatNavs Crying or Very sad However, both came with a StartUp Manual and a downloadable Manual from the web site.
The Manual says, "ViaMichelin Navigation also comes with two PC applications: SD Manager and POI Manager. These two programmes help you manage your navigation software from your PC, for example, when exporting POI files or restoring your SD card.
When you use the CD-ROM for the first time, the installation programme, InstallShield, will start
automatically and offer to install the ViaMichelin Navigation PC applications together with ActiveSync which enables your PC to communicate with your ViaMichelin Navigation X-930.
Simply follow the instructions on the screen and both SD Manager and POI Manager applications will be installed on your PC."

So, you should have had a CD-ROM!
What your seller appears NOT to have said, that whilst there are downloads available, it appears that you do need the PC application/s to be able to install them.
I could be wrong, it really needs someone who has got a X-930T or has used one to tell you.

Hope that helps----or not Wink I'll backtrack and find the link for the Manual. Gee-Pee
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the User Guide for the X-930T. I suggest you download it (it's in pdf format) - you will also notice that it is in both French and English. French first then English.

Try ViaMichelin Manual for X-930T

Gee-Pee

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: