Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Realtor wanting to set up home showings with ipaq3670
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Realtor wanting to set up home showings with ipaq3670

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Realtor wanting to set up home showings with ipaq3670 Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a realtor who has a Ipaq3670. I've been using mapopolis without GPS.
Scenerio: I have 8 homes printed out that I want to show a home buyer in a city I'm not familiar with the streets. I would like to able to input the homes I'm showing on to a map software in the ipaq so that I can figure out the best route. Then use a gps to help me move between homes I'm showing.

Does anyone have any advice as far as hardware/software that I may want to buy/use. I need something that I can enter homes I'm showing into so that I can figure out a route. Kinda like mapquests trip planner that is not longer available.

Thank you,
Eric
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny... I have done my house hunting with Mapopolis, visiting over 60 houses in four days. It would have been close to impossible without Mapopolis.

All you need to do is to specify start and destination locations (there is a little caveat - those cannot be the same location - just select two points near by.

Then you find the addresses you want them to visit, and mark them as "Route through. Mapopolis will do some route optimisation, but it's also good to check that

Once all locations are entered, make sure to save the route.

Some remarks:
- house hunters tend to look at newer houses, and you may not have map data for these developments. So don't expect 100% coverage
- Mapopolis doesn't do true route optimization. Other programs (eg CoPilot) offer more functionality for multi stop round trips.

As for the hardware - get a serial GPS like the Royaltek RGM 2000 with a cigarette lighter cable that will feed both the iPAQ and the GPS. A windshield suction mount does help but is not absolutely required.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: