Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Digitools Postcode application
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Digitools Postcode application

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Digitools Postcode application Reply with quote

I downloaded The postcode application and followed the install procedure but I can't get it to work. Apparently there should have been a message on the pda (ipaq2210) during the installation saying that the .ocx control had been soccessfully registered but I didn't see any such message. I've tried installing several times without success. Any suggestions please.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here with 2210

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DinAlt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you've already installed gpsassist or checkpoint you won't get the ocx installed message (it's already there).

As for the installation try making a directory on your pda or expansion card manually - put both the .exe file and the .dat file into that directory. Check it works by clicking on the .exe file if thats' succesful you can then right click on the exe fiel and create a shortcut in your program file for ease of use.

DinAlt
graphic-solutions
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
I loaded Niels Thomsen postcode front end onto my Dell Axim X5 and did not get the verification message for the ocx file ( I'm using CheckPoint 3.2 ), but I continued loading the other files as per Niels instructions and it works a treat. It is very fast and usable, but there would appear to be a few postcodes missing in the database and you need to manually launch CheckPoint or you can launch CheckPoint/TomTom and then run the postcode prorgam, but on the whole it gets the thumbs up from me.

Regards
Paul
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Postcodes Reply with quote

I dont have either checkpoint or gpsassist installed. When I try to start the Postcode application I just get a message to say that ukpostcode or one of it's components cannot be found.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the TTNControl.ocx plug-in has failed to load for whatever reason. The simplest solution would be to install CheckPOInt which includes this .ocx file.

If you don't want to install CheckPOInt then lfrom the PostCode Download locate and copy the TTNControl.arm.cab and TTNControl.ini files to your storage card, then using Explorer on your PPC, browse to the storage card, loacte the TTNControl.arm.cab file and double click it. This will install the missing .ocx file after which it will delete the .cab installer automatically Thumbs Up
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: re postcodes Reply with quote

Thanks for the advive I've downloaded and installed checkpoint and Postcode now works although checkpoint doesn't.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What problem do you have with CheckPOInt? It does need to be configured before it will do anything.
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: re checkpoint Reply with quote

I installed checkpoint then tried to start it. The firstscreen came up asking whether I agreed the terms etc. I ticked the box then it looked as if it was loading the programme but didn't. I tried to start again but the icon in the programmes window highlights but nothing else happens. I tried soft reset/reinstall several times. The installer tells me that a file is in use and that installation was unsuccessful.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it say which file is in use? What version of CheckPOInt is this and what PPC are you using?
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: re checkpoint Reply with quote

It's stopped reporting the file in use now. Ive uninstalled the programme and re-installed. While it was uninstalled I tried the Postcode app and that was ok. Now, on tapping the checkpoint icon, it highlights but doesn't load. Im using ipaq 2210, brand new yesterday, and the latest version from the checkpoint website.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you launch CP, do you gt the CP icon in the bottom right? Personally I use v2.02 rather than v3 but they both operate the same as regards install/loading etc
RobbieC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: re checkpoint Reply with quote

I've just had an "ahaa" moment. There's the little icon in the bottom corner. it looks like it's working now, thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: