Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One Camera Reporting lasts 4 Hours
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One Camera Reporting lasts 4 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whichgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: TomTom One Camera Reporting lasts 4 Hours Reply with quote

Just returned TomTom One purchased last week to retailer as the TomTom utility to mark a new camera location will only hold and alert you of this location for 4 hours after being saved. This is was official response from TomTom when asking why I was not seeing these new locations the day after they were marked. Anybody know of a GPS which will do what is asked in this situation? Can't believe TomTom have software which does this.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, was this a Mobile camera location per chance?

You would be better using the database from this site where the files you install contain the Mobile locations as well as all the other types of cameras, you will have to subscribe to the site to access the download area, but trust me the data and coverage is considerably better - Mike
whichgps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Thanks

This was a mobile unit on A38. I cover 55K a year in the South West and note that the Devon and Cornwall Police have a new vehicle (Looks very nice, lots of room for them to sit with there feet up reading playboy/girl and watching the fines mount up) covering this route and the A30.

Would I be able to add my own alerts on your database ? I don't want to wait for updates to be confirmed which I assume must take some time for you to validate.

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whichgps wrote:
Would I be able to add my own alerts on your database ? I don't want to wait for updates to be confirmed which I assume must take some time for you to validate.

Thanks

You would but I'll wager we have them already, ours is a LOT more comprehensive than TomTom's.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, we might already have it in our database - we do have a somewhat better reputation for accuracy. There really are quite a lot of cameras in ours :-
UK - United Kingdom Active: Gatso 3549
UK - United Kingdom Active: Mobile 6655
UK - United Kingdom Active: Temporary 24
UK - United Kingdom Active: Specs 276
UK - United Kingdom Active: Redlight 996
UK - United Kingdom Active: Truvelo 313
UK - United Kingdom Active: Monitron 128
UK - United Kingdom Active: RedSpeed 21
UK - United Kingdom Pending: Mobile 1238

That list is from the latest database issued today (previous one was issued 18th December). As you can see, there are over 6,600 mobile camera locations, plus a further 1,200+ awaiting verification. OUR verification process is positive - an appointed verifier checks out every reported camera before it gets accepted into the database (so there's no way your camera gets in within four days, but on the other hand, the mobile won't be back there either for some time, so you could make temporary POIs of your own to leave wherever you like).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: