Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Had my Myguide 3100 5 days and hacked it to pieces, HELP!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Had my Myguide 3100 5 days and hacked it to pieces, HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiedoolan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Had my Myguide 3100 5 days and hacked it to pieces, HELP!!! Reply with quote

I've tried to hack everything possible on this, which is a mistake because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

I was quite happy having installed speed cameras and ce player, the games and explorer buttons, it was only when I tried to put euro maps on and tried to alter the license that I ran in to problems.

I was getting a hardware ID error which was recitified when someone sent me the original license to re install. Now I can't reinstall the maps onto either the flash drive or the sd card. The flash drive doesn't have enough memory (even tho I have removed everything) and the maps copy to the sd card so far and then the progress bar resets and it starts again only to totally give up after a while.

I think If I could get the maps back onto the card and flash drive it would work fine.

I can't help thinking I have completely it tho.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help- I'm stuck.

TIA
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Had my Myguide 3100 5 days and hacked it to pieces, HELP Reply with quote

jamiedoolan wrote:
it was only when I tried to put euro maps on and tried to alter the license that I ran in to problems. I was getting a hardware ID error which was recitified when someone sent me the original license to re install.

The message that you are getting (got) is the IGO method of tryinhg to stop people pirating their maps.
Unless you bought the maps through a legal source, in which case they should have come with he relevant licence, what you are doing is illegal, and we do not talk about doing illegal things on this site. This is possibly the reason that you have not had a reply sooner.

jamiedoolan wrote:

I can't help thinking I have completely it tho.

Does anyone have any ideas that could help- I'm stuck.

TIA

Having said the above, and now with my helpful hat on, and sticking my neck out a bit by answering your query, I have a MIO which, I believe, runs similar IGO software to your device. When I screwed mine up, I deleted the mapping software from the Flash, deleted ALL that I had put on it via Transfer hacked,did a hard reset and re-installed the mapping software from the DVD that came with the device to get it back to its initial (legal) state. That worked for me Very Happy
jamiedoolan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8 Smile

I actually managed to get it back to it's original state at 2am this morning.
I'm not going to bother with any illegal maps in future it's not worth the hassle!

I would like to know how to install a picture viewer and get rid of the games button if that's possible???

Thanks for taking the time to reply and help.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamiedoolan wrote:

I'm not going to bother with any illegal maps in future it's not worth the hassle!

Wise move. Very Happy

jamiedoolan wrote:

I would like to know how to install a picture viewer and get rid of the games button if that's possible???.

Don't know as I havn't got these on my MIO. Perhaps someone else can help as you've 'come in from the dark side'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: