Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM POI alerts......How do i install them on my TT ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM POI alerts......How do i install them on my TT ONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efiste2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM POI alerts......How do i install them on my TT ONE Reply with quote

Can anyone help me find which folder in put POI alerts on my TOMTOM one. below i have put a screengrab of what comes up when i plug it into my PC..........
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you put the POI's in the Great_Gritain-map folder, the one at the top right of your screen shot. The POI's consist of a .bmp and a.ov2 file for each one. All your Speed cams and POI's go in this folder. Smile
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
efiste2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mate, i meant to say the SPOI alert sounds, ie when a POI such as a safetycam is in range...........the standard sound is a bell type, but id like to change it to my downloaded one, Cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OGG File goes into the same Folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't given us the full story of what you want to do, efiste2.

If you have the PocketGPSWorld speed camera database and you want to add voice alerts to those camera warnings, you put the sound files (.ogg format) e.g from THIS COLLECTION in the Great_Britain-map folder. Follow the instructions on that same page and the correct sound files will be automatically assigned to the correct cameras.

If you want to put ANY .wav or .ogg sound file on the machine, put it in the "sounds" folder and it will then appear on the sound effects page along with the normal bells, cows etc.
You can also put FOLDERS of files in the sounds folder.
Unfortunately, if you do this with the files from the link above, all the names are too long to show so it can be a bit confusing to choose the one you want unless you shorten the names first.
efiste2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put the downloaded OGG files into my GB map folder, and they dont seem to show up on my TT, do you chaps know of any KNOWN RELIABLE POI alert SOUNDS that i can download and try again with Wink
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, the ones in the collections page I linked to are KNOWN to work with the Pocket GPS World camera database, IF YOU FOLLOW the instructions on that page. They will NOT "show up" in the normal way.

You still haven't said what you are trying to achieve. It matters.

If you put a sound file in the map folder, its name MUST exactly match the name of the POI file it is intended for. (i.e. mypoifile.ov2 has to have a sound file called mypoifile.ogg) It will then be assigned automatically, you don't select it yourself.

But....If you put it in the 'sounds' folder it will appear in the sound effects page and can be assigned to a POI file in the normal TomTom way.

If you are stuck, tell us what you are trying to do, and we can give more precise instructions.
efiste2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if i have overcomplicated the problem, Basically id like to change the sound the TT makes when a speed camera is ahead, or for that fact any POI...........and your last explanation has explained it to me, I will give it a try Thanks for helping out Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: