Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - City Navigator Europe versions?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

City Navigator Europe versions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: City Navigator Europe versions? Reply with quote

OK - newbie post here so be gentle with me Wink (and shift it if it's in the wrong forum)

I've just bought a 60CSx and was wanting to put some proper maps on prior to my hols next week.

I've gone down the path of wanting the City Navigator Europe v9 with SMC countours opposed to the Topo map but can't find the difference between the NT and non-NT versions. I know that the NT version is more compressed (doesn't really matter as I want to get the DVD so I can bung it all on my 2Gb card) so I suppose this is for units with lesser capacities but is the info any different between them - POI, map data etc? If I open both NT and non-NT "taster" maps on the Garmin website, the windows both have the same title so I guess there's not much difference.

One place I contacted said that the NT version could search by postcode and the other couldn't and this function was only for car satnavs and no use on the CSx...

I know that there's approx 60 difference in price and nowhere seems to have the NT version on DVD but do I really need it? Paying homage to my tight-fisted Yorkshire roots etc Wink

Garmin could supply it from their website but it'd take to long to be delivered (I set off on Monday - cutting it fine or what!) They have the web shop but they won't sell direct to me and just point me to dealers.

Any help appreciated to sort out my confusion...

Andy
missing_user

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use either NT or Non NT version.
The CityNavigator Europe v9 is about to be replaced so is an expensive option.

MetroGuide v9 is the best option for you and yes it will autoroute with a little 'manipulation'
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - any timescales on the replacement of Navigator? I know it's not going to be before Monday ;) Would a free upgrade be available at such a late stage if I got a copy and a new one came out (I'm not used to how Garmin does these things yet)?

Is Metroguide more comprehensive / detailed? It looks similar in spec to Navigator but the screenshots look more basic Sad
missing_user

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have not seen the v10 [2008] advertised anywhere, I would assume that it is not yet released.

Normally, we are able to update in January or February each year.
Depending on when you buy v9 you may get a free update, but only when the release date is given will you be able to find out if the update is free!

Forget about v9 CityNavigator!

Metroguide v9 is available for £11!
It is the same mapping as CityNavigator but without autorouting.
Autorouting can be installed later in minutes!
Apple
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any hints as to where to get at that price and how to get autorouting going? Cool

PM if needed...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: