Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - First real test of TT Traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

First real test of TT Traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: First real test of TT Traffic Reply with quote

Just been on a 500 plus mile round trip so gave TT Traffic a go.

I had to travel from Essex to south Wales and then back to Kent.

Using my new TT520 and Sony Ericsson K800i on Orange PAYG.

I had set traffic to update every 4 mins

Started in Essex on the M25, Joined the M4 then all the way to south Wales on the M4.

Return jurney M4 to M25 to M26 to M2 to A249 to M2.

Outward jurney started with Traffic showing a 40 min delay over the dartford bridge.

At that point I could see the bridge in the distance and could clearly see that the traffic was flowing smoothly. Good start.

I then traved the rest of the jurney to Wales without traffic giving a single indication of any problem which was good because there was not a single delay all the way.

The return jurney started well, partway down the M4 traffic indicated a 45 min delay 75 miles into the route. This turned out to be at about the junction with the M3 on the M25, I decided to keep on route just to check but also because the alternative was not realy any quicker.

Again when I got the spot that was still showing a 45 min delay the traffic was flowing smoothly. Again not good.

The rest of ther jurney was completed with insident or any more indications of any problems from traffic.

On a good note as said I used the Orange PAYG service with updates set at every 4 mins the total used for this 500 plus mile 8 hour jurney was £1.77 so prety good there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: