Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - xl runner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

xl runner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: xl runner Reply with quote

Please can anyone help!! I have updated my 720 to 7.20 but when I connect to tomtom home for the mapshare and poi updates it is still comming up with xl runner and has to close down.What am I doing wrong.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 'Operate My Go' problem:

First completely exit out of HOME by closing the window then right-clicking the icon in the system tray and selecting Exit. Then go to C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins\emulator\navcore and delete all the files there. If you have Vista, also go to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\RANDOMSTRING\emulator and delete the navcore directory if there is any there. Then open HOME again and click Operate My GO. A emulator DLL will be downloaded that will prevent this feature from crashing.

For the mapshare download problem:

1. Have the unit on and in the dock.
2. Fire up the TomTom Home software if not already running.
3. In the top menu of the desktop software select Preferences/Tom Tom Mapshare/Remove Corrections and check BOTH boxes and click on 'Done'.

The next time you are in the Updating screen, choose to dl mapshare fixes. It'll download with no errors or problems (at least, did for me and others).

Apparently, a recent mapshare download was corrupt and preventing subsequent dl's of further fixes.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried both of the above without success. As soon as I turn on the 520 TT Home 2 Starts and then I get an xulrunner message and Home closes down again plus i cannot get to the stage where I want to remove mapshare updates. Also there is No Navcore folder as follows:
C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins\emulator\navcore.
I am still having a problem. Any advice would be greatly received.
Note I do have a backup made using Home2 but cant get onto home to use it

Last edited by duffer on Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total
cazmar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: xl runner Reply with quote

Thank-you.The download problem now works.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone please help me with the 3rd post down.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly wait a few days?
There are movements afoot from TomTom with new versions of both the operating software and Home.
Let them get released then wait another few days to see if there are any (more) disasters reported before you start again.
dmpfran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to duffer :-

I am having similar problems with Home crashing out, this is on an old (approx 5 years) laptop with usb 1.0.
Can I ask are you connecting via usb 1.0 or usb 2 ?. I found that on another machine with usb2 everything was fine.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using USB1, but will try USB2 on another machine to-night, and let you know.
What will happen f i do afactory reset on my 520?
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeelllp!!!! Have tried USB2 - nothing. As soon as I connect the 520 to the computer TT Home starts and gets as far as saying xul runner has caused the programme to terminate and TT Home closes. This is as far as I can get. I uninstalled TT Home and done a complete reinstall. When I go into my Computer I can see the TT G Drive but All the folders are showning as empty. My 520 is still working but the gps is very very slow, because of no updates.
TVR
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffer,

I'm not sure you've been informed of this before, but try this:-

SWITCH OFF BLUETOOTH on your unit BEFORE you connect to your PC. I has similar problems when exiting Home with my TT1V2 connected. This solved it.

Give it a try, see how ya get on..

TTFN

Sygic for android in HD
Cameralert - pending

TomTom consigned to the bin, after 6 years loyal service.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to get the TomTom showing correctly on the PC before you bother worrying about Home.
You say you are seeing the G drive but it has no folders. That sounds like you might be looking at the SD card? When you connect a model with both flash memory AND an SD card in the slot, the PC should recognise it as TWO new drives. The letters chosen should be the next two free after all your normal drives and the SD slot will be the first one, Flash memory the second. Even if this is nothing to do with your problem, we know the files are there if the T is working, we've just got to work out why you aren't seeing them and I've never heard of the PC recognising the drive but not showing the contents, normally it's all or nothing.

I think the USB 1 or 2 suggestion is a red herring though. I'm not sure about the latest models but certainly the old TomToms were all USB 1 anyway. It's probably that just installing a new USB card sorts out some underlying USB problem rather than whether it's actually USB1 or 2.

I would uninstall all instances of Home and then try to get the PC/USB issue sorted out first. Have you tried simple things like using a different USB cable (you don't need to use the dock). You could try removing any mention of the TT in Device manager too. (Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/ 'Disk drives' AND 'Storage Volumes'.
shaun43uk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a sumilar problem getting my pc to see both the internal & external memory, I resolved this by going to control panel panel/system/hardware/device manager then uninstall the drivers with a yellow question mark, then reconnect tomtom to PC and the drivers will reinstall, it was fine after that

oops I didnt see last part of the last post. this was already covered.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was getting errors too until i just got the new home update ...works a treat now

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: