Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No TMC Information on R66 v7.0.3458
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No TMC Information on R66 v7.0.3458

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: No TMC Information on R66 v7.0.3458 Reply with quote

My directory are set up like this.

Storage card

Program files - Route 66 -

help
lang
maps
Pois
RES
SPEECH
TMC - Inside there are a bunch of files ending in .adb and .tild and .tdb

When I click "TMC Information" there is nothing in the list which makes me believe that R66 cannot find the TMC directory. When I click update it immediately shows the black screen with "No TMC information available"

I do have and unlimited internet connection and I can browes anything. I can even browes to www.66.com but I cannot get TMC updates. Is the TMC folder in the correct place?

Anyone else with the same problem?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, a few questions if I may:

1/ What device are you running the software on
2/ What mobile phone are you using
3/ Which service provider for your mobile phone are you using
4/ Is the mobile phone contracted per month or pay as you go

Mike
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Device AT&T 8525 with Holux GPslim236
AT&T WM6
AT&T service provider with unlimited data plan Media Net (EDGE)

I can browes to any web site on the phone so I can assume that TMC can get to the web from the phone.

The TMC directory on the phone does contain files but in R66 I don't see anything when I click "TMC Information"
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location USA or else where? - Mike
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK, Italy, and USA
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just check the Route 66 set up first:
1/ go to Change Settings/ Configure TMC, make sure the check box for Data source: Internet is selected and the TMC interval is set to around ten mins, enable Dynamic re-route if you really want to.

2/ Return to the nav screen, tap the screen and select "TMC Information", the screen will be blank if nothing has yet been received, to force an update press the two green arrows on the lower part of the display (third from left).

3/ The unit should change to a Black screen with a timer display indicating progress, once completed the information within your imediate area will be presented - Mike
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ go to Change Settings/ Configure TMC, make sure the check box for Data source: Internet is selected and the TMC interval is set to around ten mins, enable Dynamic re-route if you really want to. - my settings are the same

2/ Return to the nav screen, tap the screen and select "TMC Information", the screen will be blank if nothing has yet been received, to force an update press the two green arrows on the lower part of the display (third from left). - I do this but when I force an update the the 2 green arrows ablack screen appears immediately that says "No TMC information available"

3/ The unit should change to a Black screen with a timer display indicating progress, once completed the information within your imediate area will be presented - I don't get a timer display but only a "No TMC information available"

I have unistalled and reinstalled R66 and I still cannot get any TMC data.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using a different version of Route 66 to me however I would still expect the TMC to work correctly. What I have found out is that AT&T do in fact lock down (restrict) GPRS internet access to WAP, you need true internet access for GPRS data to work. Have you every had this working on the device as yet?

There is some information re setting up your device Here although I am not too sure you will get full GPRS access, you might get somewhere by contacting AT&T directly, or try a different SIM card using a different service provider (T-Mobile Pay as You Go for example will work for GRPS, but you might need the phone unlocking to use it - Mike
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the steps at the AT&T site you that you provided but that did not change anything. I can get to the web on the device and can browes to www.66.com/tmc with no problem but I still get the "No TMC information available" screen when trying to update TMC data.

I am not sure if Tom Tom uses edge to connect to their traffic but when I had TT on my device I had no problem getting traffic from the Tom Tom site. Unfortunately I no longer use TT and made the purchase to R66.

I will call AT&T to find out if they can help me. Thanks for all of your help.
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called AT&T today and spoke to a network tech who told me that my Internet connection on my 8525 is connected to a clean GPRS backbone with WAP, EDGE and 3G and thay have no idea what mikealder said about resricted GPRS. I have an unlimited plan with no restrictions. I guess I'll wait for Copilot Live 7 and jump ship from R66.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT&T Web Site wrote:
Use of the following settings enables the AT&T 8525 to access MEdia Net (WAP) pages using the MEdia Net connection profile.
Additional features such as Wi-Fi and device based e-mail along with other 3rd party applications may not be compatible with the proxy settings associated with the MEdia Net profile.
As you can see for yourself AT&T clearly state WAP, why not pair up the PDA with someones phone on another network and try your TMC? - Mike
prubbo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to pair my 8525 to my PC so I can use the internet from the PC on my 8525 but I am unsure how to do it. Do you have any tips?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: