Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 'Missing' POI's ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

'Missing' POI's ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: 'Missing' POI's ? Reply with quote

I recently upgraded my TT6 with the latest maps...Uk + Major European Roads(V.675.1409). However, I've just realised that TT's standard list of POI's only applies to the UK only...I assume that is correct ? I was looking to plan a route from Nice airport....which I couldn't find in the POI list of airports.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plan it using depart from Lat / Long and use N43.66533 E7.20727 these should be close enough to the airport main entrance road, use Google Earth to get co-ords like this, then add it in as a custom POI category, you can update the actual position of the airport POI when you get there - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...how easy/difficult would it be to transfer over the POI's from the TT5 French/Spanish maps, to the TT6 'Major Roads of Europe'. It's annoying because our hotels are all shown in the TT5 version, but nothing of course on TT6.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure everything is backed up then try it, the inbuilt POI are stored in a single file named POI.dat I am not too sure if the POI files will work too well though as they may return a route error if they are not on or close to a major road, the other problem in doing this is you will loose the UK inbuilt POI as you can only have a single POI.dat file at any one time, the usual method of concatenating the POI files will not work with the in built POI without a lot of messing around - Mike
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...too much trouble, I think I'll reinstall TT5, or have a look at your POI download site to see what's available. Disappointing though...I wonder how many others don't realise that with the 'Major Roads of Europe' part you don't get any POI's ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: