Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 910 - adding POI's - somethings not going right . . .
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 910 - adding POI's - somethings not going right . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: TT 910 - adding POI's - somethings not going right . . . Reply with quote

Hi all - just got myself a TomTom 910, have managed to get the PGPSW speed camera database downloaded (by subscribing here) and installed - theses are all now showing in my device and I have gone through it and edited the warnings - distances etc - no problem.

I have just been to the Premier Travel Inn website - they have a downloadable POI list of all their travel Inns which I would like as I use them a lot.

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/satNav.do

I downloaded their file onto my desktop, then copied it and pasted it into my Western Europe maps folder.

It does not show up !

( Idid not use the 'HOME' software which came with the TT but used My Computer to move the files between pc and TT )

I tried going to the enable POI bit in TT, and it was not in there to enable it, it is not in the hotel section, and I cant find them anywhere at all.

Am I doing something totally stupid or missing something out here ?

The only POI's I have installed from new are the camera database ones - so I dont think I have run out of room or anything
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you UNZIP the file you downloaded before you copied it across? Just the same as you must have done for the Speed camera files...

On a Windows PC you do that by right clicking on the file and selecting "extract all". This should produce THREE files, an ".ov2" a ".bmp" and a "readme.txt".
The .o2 and the .bmp need to be copied into the map folder.
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I have tried extracting them to my desktop and then copy and pasting them across, also tried extracting straight to the map folder on threTT unit.

I have tried using the POI files from Premier Travell Inn and also from the POI lists on this site.

I have found the files (ov2 and .bmp) in the Western Europe map folder by using windows explorer, but I cant find anything by going through the menus's on the 910.

It shows nothing to do with Premier POI's whatsoever if I search for them or look for them to enable them and so on.

The camera database I downloaded from here was the full version - UK speed zones complete, these show up as seperate files in my map folder, could this be making my POI tally too high ?

Should I try deleting these and then try installing the Travel Inn ones again, then install a smaller camera database version ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. You seem happy exploring your map folder....

Using Windows Explorer, go into your map folder and count all the files with an .ov2 extension. There MUST be less than 100 (the speed-zoned camera files from here take up 32 if you have included the pmobiles.

Why not try installing one of the other POI sets from here, to see if those work? It could just be the one from that site is corrupted.

PGPSW POI Download page
pyromaniac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted it out now - still unsure why there was a problem in the first place though.

I deleted all of the downloaded POI files from both the map folder and from my pc.

Downloaded the travel inn file from here and got that set up ok - which it wouldnt do before.

Downloaded the camera database again and this loaded ok.

Just gone through the tedium of setting up the distances and warnings for the cam database, and everything seems to have loaded fine this time.

I have also deleted the voices and things that I will never use, and tom toms own picture and photo files.

( I have an original backup from when I first plugged the unit in to set things back to original should i ever sell or have to send back the unit )

Many Thanks for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: