Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT v7 POI Warning `BEEP` bug
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT v7 POI Warning `BEEP` bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: TT v7 POI Warning `BEEP` bug Reply with quote

Hi All,

First my apologies if this is being covered in another posting.

But has anyone else noticed that really annoying POI warning bug in version 7 of the software?

Basically, when I set all my petrol stations to BEEP 2, and some of my PGPSW speed cams to BEEP 5, they then end up defaulting back to BELL 1.

I have noticed that this only appears to happen if i connect to the computer, it then loses the setting. - why i dont know.

I know that the mapsetting.cfg file should ( or at least used to ) hold this information, but even if i take a backup copy of the mapsetting.cfg file and replace it, it is still reverting back to another sound.

All other ogg sounds and preset sounds appear to be unaffected.

Are other users having the same probs?

Cheers
mpwilson99
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry for posting within my own posting, only im going for one last try to see if any of you are having the same problem.

Seeing as i managed to copy this fault in all the tomtom 720 units i had i dont believe i can be the only one having this problem?

The reason why this fault annoys me so much, is i like to backup my POI settings which can take ages to setup. It also keeps all my favourite settings and keeps the recent folder list clear. If the settings ever did become wobbley all that was needed was to copy across the mapsetting.cfg file and you would be back in business again.

Would it be possible if someone could kindly give it a try and see if its just me going mad Laughing Out Loud.

All you need to do, to see if your BEEP sounds are going back to BELL 1 is...

1. Select a POI to warn against. Lets say it was Shell Petrol Stations
2. Give it a Warning distance - I have 165 yards
3. Give it a BEEP warning sound. I use BEEP 2
4. Go for a DEMO to check its working at the moment
5. Then connect the TT to the PC
6. Go into the Western Europe map folder and copy the Mapsettings.cfg
7. Delete the mapsettings.cfg file from the Western europe folder.
8. Put in the copied mapsetting.cfg back into the map folder.
9. Disconnect the TT from the PC
10. Do a DEMO again and see if the sound is now BELL1

There is no reason why this should be like it is, this seems to be the only set of warning sounds which when a backup of a mapsetting.cfg is used it doesnt like it. everything else works fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
tedkay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem - and this is my 2nd unit - the first one went back with a hands-free speaker fault - they both have the POI warning sound problem. It is bloody annoying - as has been said it is a tedious procedure setting all the sounds for each individual item. I use the PGPSW speed camera database which gives me 33 POI's to deal with.

I reported the fault to TT 3 weeks ago and received the useless - we haev sent this to our secondary support people ' message - I haven't heard anything since. No surprises there then. Rolling Eyes

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"
wjharing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I finally am the proud owner of a TT (720). Unfortunately I seem to have similar problems.

I copied POI files in the West Europe folder.
I also copied .ogg files (with the same name as the POI) in the same folder. POIs are proven to work correctly, visibly on the maps.

When I want to have TT notify (audio) when I'm close to a POI (say speedcam) on route, I can confirm a sound, and it ask me if this sound is ok. Strange thing is, I don't hear any sound and i have no option to select. I would therefore assume it is referring to the .ogg file with the same name?

TT720 already cost me a night of sleep, so I hope I will be able to sleep tonight (but this is more to do with the many software upgrades you go through once installing out of the box, first installing home 1.5. then told to upgrade to 2.0, then upgrading software on TT720)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: