Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Active Sync & Content Manager problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Active Sync & Content Manager problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Active Sync & Content Manager problems Reply with quote

Have just tried updating my camera d/base on an X-970T.(v 6.5.4.)

This has worked perfectly well on previous occasions so the problem is a new one that has appeared since I last connected!

Activesync appears to connect as a Guest but without offering me the choice to Partner or Not but then says it cannot verify the version on my mobile device and suggest a firewall may be blocking connection etc. and to upgrade to a newer version.

I upgraded from the v4.2 supplied on the DVD to v 4.5 (whilst the Satnav was connected as recommended in the original installation) - still exactly the same problem even though the Activesync says I am 'connected' as a guest.

I checked the firewall settings, all seems OK, exceptions are allowed (ie don't allow exceptions box is not checked) and the Activesync applications are all ticked in the Exceptions box so I don't think the firewall has anything to do with this.

If I try and launch Content Manager I am being asked to connect the device even though it is connected and the screen is showing a connection.

I uninstalled v4.5 and reinstalled v4.2 from the DVD, same thing, it appears that despite the fact that the device is recognised by the PC i.e. the connection screen appears on the satnav it is refusing to verify any kind of connection.

I am well confused, can somebody help please?
Shinymera
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this a few time when I had a 970T.

My PC was always on. It seems that Windows would some times not see the 970T if I used a different usb port to what was last used.

On one occasion I needed to do a reset on the 970T.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so now I have restored my PC to a previous restore point with Activsync 4.2 and I performed a hard reset on the device but they are still not recognising each other. I still get a suggestion that the activesync is connected but am still being told the activsync is incompatible........

Sorted: A system restore to the last time this worked seems to have resolved whatever was wrong.....
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: active sync Reply with quote

I had this problem with my IBM Laptop and finally only fixed it by going back to ActiveSync 3.8. I have heard that from another source, but have not tested it, is that the installation of a Hauwei 3G modem caused this problem.

I would be interested to hear your experience.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have heard that from another source, but have not tested it, is that the installation of a Hauwei 3G modem caused this problem.

That's very interesting because I had bought one of those for my daughter at University and tested it on my IBM Thinkpad first. I did wonder about this and uninstalled the software but it seemed to make no difference until I reverted to an earlier restore point. It would seem that the uninstall doesn't maybe remove everything and leaves some of the 3G settings unchanged.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: