Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changing the colour scheme on a GO 710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing the colour scheme on a GO 710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpetbagger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Changing the colour scheme on a GO 710 Reply with quote

Hi All,
Newbie here, just bought my 710 this week.
I tried a search without success so apologies if this has been covered already.

I would like to change the colour scheme to match OS colours and have found the colour scheme editor and some sample .clr files which includes the scheme I would like.

The information about changing the scheme says to put them in the 'schemes' folder in my Tomtom. I have looked but there is no 'schemes' folder, nor can I find any .clr files in the memory.

Questions, Can I change the schemes to non-standard ones? Where do I put them if I can? How do I select them (If they don't appear in the normal colour scheme list)?

BTW The 'Birthday' listed on the TomTom is from Dec' 06. I've updated the application and checked the map is current by using the product code, they say it's OK but the auto response sounded like a fob off. I'm a bit miffed my map is already at least 7 months old so will try and get it updated.

Many Thanks all,

John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour Schemes:
Connect up to your PC (close Home if it insists on running) and just make a new folder called "schemes"on the SD card using Windows Explorer.
Put your new colour scheme files in there. Then, when you go to Change Map Colours in the Preferences menu and scroll through, there will be a new selection called "Plug in Scheme". Select that and you will get a list of any ones you've added. You then HAVE to tap the one you want (even if there is only one) to select it.

Maps:
The important thing to know is the map version number. If you've just bought it and the maps are not V6.75, it is worth hassling TomTom for a new one. They may well squirm, but be polite but persistent and they will give you a free download eventually.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: