Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Removing non existent camera's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing non existent camera's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJCoakley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Removing non existent camera's Reply with quote

I have been updating the speed cameras on a regular basis - But recently have found an increasing number of warnings are for camera's that have been removed i.e. Road works on the M6 Stafford area and M60 Near Sale - should I be removing the old versions before updating? and how do I achieve this safely?

Or is there a easy way of making sure that I have only have upto date cameras?

NB travelling down the M6 to Coventry from Manchester I was getting so many warnings that I turn the Sat Nav OFF
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on which sat nav you have.

Generally when you have loaded a new database this will replace the old.

Don't forget that Removals need Verifying also, so there will be a slight delay. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't say what sat nav you have, but normally when you update the database, the "removed"cameras will no longer be on the database. You could always go to the download page, and report them as being removed, perhaps no one has reported them yet.

You beat me to it oldboy,Laughing Out Loud.
TJCoakley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a TomTom GO and apparently it is running Application 6.520 with GPSv1.21 and with Map Great_Britain_Plus-Map v571.0 although I thought it was at one stage version 5.202

I trust this is the correct information you need as I am really puzzled at what I am doing wrong.

All help is really appreciated as I am at a loss to how to correct this apparently fault and had recently wiped out the data at one stage trying to update because of the memory limitations will only allow one map even when I had tried to save memory by removing all but one voice
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a TomTom, if you are using the normal .ov2 files, and copying them to the map folder with Windows Explorer, the new versions should simply overwrite the old ones if you don't change the names from their default.

The software and map versions shouldn't make any difference to this problem.

I think it might be worth deleting ALL of the PGPSW .ov2 files from your unit and installing a freshly downloaded set, just so we KNOW you are on the latest version. Then we can start looking at specific camera IDs.

Another possibility (correct me if I'm wrong) is that you are using the single, "all camera types in one file" version.
If so, you will be getting an awful lot of warnings for possible mobile camera sites, BUT WILL HAVE NO WAY OF TELLING that they are not actual fixed cameras.
To my mind, this is a major limitation of that version, and would suggest you start using the "consolidated by type" or preferably the "speed-zoned" version.
TJCoakley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will give that a try and see if it works

Thinking about it your suggestion that I should only download either "consolidated by type" or "speed-zoned" versions

It is possibly that over time I have down load ALL three versions would this explain the multitude of false warnings that I am getting? - the more I think about it I am convinced that I will have been downloading all versions at some stage (I have a bad memory and will have forgotten which I had done previously)

However the warnings that I seem to be getting are camera's that used to be situated in earlier locations of the M6 road works that have later been moved and together with the original sites are prompting warnings on all along the parts of the M6 where the roadworks have gradually moved over time.

I would also note that there was roadworks on the M60 around Sale and I keep getting warnings for none existing camera's plus when I have have been getting warning in areas I am not familar with, I had up till now assumed it was mobiles that did not happen to be there at the time I was passing!

Is there any advise on:-

A) How to delete the earlier versions and B) which version I should stick to downloading?

Thanks for the advice it is appreciated I was beginning to wondering if there was any way of solving this problem and wished I had realised that the forum could help
GoldenOldieBGA
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJCoakley wrote:
Is there any advise on:-

A) How to delete the earlier versions and B) which version I should stick to downloading?

Thanks for the advice it is appreciated I was beginning to wondering if there was any way of solving this problem and wished I had realised that the forum could help

A - Delete all the pocketgps .ov2 & .bmp files
B - I would strongly advise you to download and stick to downloading the zoned speed cameras.

Hope this helps. Wink
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
Connect to Windows PC.
Ignore or shut down "Home" if it insists on starting.
Examine map folder of Go with Windows Explorer.
Delete all .ov2 and .bmp files with names starting "PocketGPS..."
Download the speed-zoned version again and install as normal.
TJCoakley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will try out and let you know if this works - So that anyone else with this problem can do similair

Cheers Wink
TJCoakley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJCoakley wrote:
Thanks will try out and let you know if this works - So that anyone else with this problem can do similair

Cheers Wink

The ones near me on the M60 near Sale have gone - But not sure about the M6 will not travel that way until next week although looking at the Map preview whilst there seems to be less than before but it seems like a lot are still showing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: