Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cheetah GPS Mirror
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheetah GPS Mirror

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Cheetah GPS Mirror Reply with quote

Have just recently received my GPS Mirror from Cheetah - I knew it was an excellent product as I had the opportunity to test a pre-production model several weeks earlier. The best part though is the mirror's integration with both the Cheetah Sentinel and Laser Pro Park diffuser.

The Sentinel will integrate with the mirror "out of the box" - the LPP needs the additional Laser Interface, which Cheetah also supply. Once connected, all LPP alerts will go through the mirror (although you lose the use of the LPP wiring loom and therefore programming - the LASERnode uses the same loom port on the LPP).

I will be testing this combination the next time I travel to London. For everyone's info, the following should be noted:

1) There is no LPP startup alert through the mirror. This is ignored.

2) The GPS Mirror will not alert the driver immediately to parking alerts
from the LPP - there is a 1-2 second delay

3) However, any laser gun hits WILL be alerted immediately - there is
no delay on this one!

These three items I have confirmed with Cheetah themselves.

BB
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any further updates on this product?

Ease of use?
Ease of updating?
Accuracy of database?

I assume it is easy to remove without disturbing the power feed that may have been hidden in the head lining and A pillar?

What's the anti-glare like?

Cheers in advance.
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flylikeahandbag

Sorry, haven't really driven far with it to be honest - only local journeys. I do have a trip into London this week, so a good time then.

As for your questions, yes the unit is extremely easy to use. Any adjustments that are needed are saved after power-off, so its a "set-it-and-forget" thing. The updating is similar to the old DriveSmart unit. A cable that connects to the mirror is then connected to a PC using both its USB and serial connectors. The update utility is then downloaded and saved onto the PC (you need to register your mirror first), then just run the util. You *shouldn't* have to know the COM port number of the serial port, as the utility has an "auto-detect" feature. It will then update the mirror's database.

Database appears accurate for fixed cameras, although my findings around the Bedfordshire area suggest mobile sites are not covered as well. Again, I need a longer drive alongside either my DS (or TomTom with PGPSW database) to determine what is and isn't logged.

The real test for the anti-glare will be at night - something I haven't done due to the longer daylight hours. As for removing, just unplug the cigar lighter power plug, then remove from existing RVM. Thats it! GPS antenna can stay connected (unless stuck to windscreen - mine is resting on the top of the mirror).

Satellite fix is fast, alot faster than my DS unit. Alerts from my Cheetah Sentinel unit are now played through the mirror - the mirror will even announce what radar band is being detected.

Hope this helps!

BB
flylikeahandbag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I look forward to a further update once you have covered some miles if that would be possible. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: