Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 5 Full Postcode add-on UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 5 Full Postcode add-on UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azzi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 5 Full Postcode add-on UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05 Reply with quote

Today Geopostcode have introduced a new addition to their software Lineup

UKPC2CP5 v1.01.05

Offering Full UK postcode support with the most upto date postcode data avaliable.

Now you can use your CoPilot 5 to optimise your route using full postcode support. Without the slow OV2 method.

Perfect for Delivery drivers, Taxi Driver or anyone who uses postcodes as their main delivery option.

Please check http://www.ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com/message-50.html for more details and to download a free 15 day fully functioning demo.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the price? - I for one don't think it is worth the effort downloading and installing anything (and possibly upsetting your installation) if it is more than you are prepared to pay for the feature.
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil01

neil01 wrote:
Anyone know the price? - I for one don't think it is worth the effort downloading and installing anything (and possibly upsetting your installation) if it is more than you are prepared to pay for the feature.

You didn't even click the link, did you?
Getting the proper place usually you get the proper information. And there is a lot about it.

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada wrote:
Getting the proper place usually you get the proper information. And there is a lot about it.

But, how much is it? I couldn't see a price mentioned anywhere, either.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jose, would you please answer the question. I had a look on your site and could not find the price either.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kartracer,
kartracer wrote:
Nomada wrote:

But, how much is it? I couldn't see a price mentioned anywhere, either.

May be if you try this post in the same forum: "UKPC2CP5: What is it? Where to get? How much?"
http://www.ukpc2ttn.forumsplace.com/message52.html

That's a forum like this one, so different information, different post.

And as explained there: our programs have one unique license fee for all them. It allows you to run different programs without to pay one more pence with the same Activation Code. It means if you buy a license you can run the program for Tomtom or for CoPilot or any will come in the future.

Hope it helps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lutz,
lbendlin wrote:
Jose, would you please answer the question. I had a look on your site and could not find the price either.

OK, is £7.00, same as our program for TomTom, but if you have one no need to buy the other, just apply the same Activation Code.

And sorry but you had a look on the post, not on the site, it is the 2nd post in UKPC2CP5 section, and it's a sticky.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only DID I click the link, but I have just clicked it again - and still couldn't find the price.

Seeing the previous post I can now see where the price is to be found - but take it from me (a professional software tester) that it isn't obvious - and if it isn't obvious to me - it is probably not obvious to many others (the previous posts seem to confirm this).

Now that I know the price - it is reasonable - I will try it out.

Nomada wrote:
Hi Neil01

neil01 wrote:

You didn't even click the link, did you?

Jose Adell
www.geopostcode.com
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying out the Geopostcode add-on for CP 5 at the moment. It looks promising, but I have only just begun.

One thing that is clear straightaway is that it does not in any way interfere with CP 5. It produces .trp files which are pulled into CP 5 when setting up a new route.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now had a good look at Geopostcodes for Copilot 5 and, assuming there are not many bugs and postcode errors or omissions, it is certainly going to help me.

I visit hundreds of addresses each month. Many are in rural areas where CP 5 cannot find them with its 5-digit postcode datbase. Also, I have lately been working in cities, where much of the time CP 5 cannot find the addresses because its database address search does not work properly in the wards and former villages (for details, please see the thread entitled Copilot 5 database defiencies).

Basically, what Geopostcodes does is find a destination or list of destinations or stops and saves the results as a CP 5 trip file, which will be used by CP 5 exactly like one of its own trip files.

As far as I can tell, it is not possible to use Geopostcodes to produce POIs based on 7-digit postcodes.

In summary, Geopostcodes ovecomes a significant limitation in CP 5, and I am pleased to have found it..
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ponderous,

Thx for your comments.

I would be more than glad producing more features in my software for CP5 as it does for TTN 2 and 3.

Unfortunately every email I sent to ALK, including a recently one to D. B. still awaiting for answer and I was just asking for a collaboration or an SDK, even paid like TomTom one.

The program you're running has the same core as the one for TomTom, so the same capabilities. But no one can be developed further without information or SDK.

But that lack of communication with makers of Navigation systems is some thing that I must be used, more in the way they are taking, getting the best third part ideas in their software is like to have staff working for them for free, and later trying to do business with it through fees for added services.
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ponderous,
PONDEROUS wrote:

As far as I can tell, it is not possible to use Geopostcodes to produce POIs based on 7-digit postcodes.

I'm not sure at all if you mean about to create the Postcodes as POI in desktop to be sent bundled with the map to the PDA.

If so I will say it was my first idea, to make it accesible by every function in CoPilot 5. And it worked... but my joy lasted just a couple seconds, until it got one of the magics computer numbers, I think remember it was 16384 records.

So, in other words I found that it was the maximum number of items allowed in a POI file.

From that point a solution was to create more files, but to contain the whole database they should be more than 100 files. It was clear the solution cannot be found in that way, much less with ALK "world of silence" communication.

As I need to live in a real world, plenty of good competitors, I cannot wait to the end of days to get a clue. So I did it in the actual way. But there are here people like you, with experience in that software and I will be more than glad hearing your suggestions/opinions and may be through them to create new tools or functions to make my program more useful or to cover with it some lack.
iconoclast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Trying to pay for UKPC2CP5 Reply with quote

As one who is now using the trial version of this supurb add-on for CP5 I can't believe how difficult it's proving to pay/register it!! Nomada suggests in a post on the Geopostcode's forum that doing a 'seller search for Geopostcode' on eBay will, I assume, enable me to buy it through eBay...... Oh no it doesn't! It's very frustrating.

For what it's worth this inexpensive, (£8.00), add-on for CP5, for me anyway, almost makes CP5 do just what it says on the tin, it's a vast improvement. But I would like to continue using it after the 15 day evaluation period!
Nomada
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to pay for UKPC2CP5 Reply with quote

Hi Iconoclast,

iconoclast wrote:
As one who is now using the trial version of this supurb add-on for CP5 I can't believe how difficult it's proving to pay/register it!! Nomada suggests in a post on the Geopostcode's forum that doing a 'seller search for Geopostcode' on eBay will, I assume, enable me to buy it through eBay...... Oh no it doesn't! It's very frustrating.

For what it's worth this inexpensive, (£8.00), add-on for CP5, for me anyway, almost makes CP5 do just what it says on the tin, it's a vast improvement. But I would like to continue using it after the 15 day evaluation period!

Let's say this is the second time I'm answering this post. This forum is getting nuts today!!!

I thought I sent to you a link to do the payment. Sorry if I'm now confused with nicks and names...

Anyways, you can buy it from ebay from this link (whilst it last): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5205704021&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I know it says is for TomTom, but if you read my forum (I will repeat here) my policy about my products UKPC2xxx is that you are overcharged and overpromised by makers.

As my add-on is just the same with different menues for different programs I do consider you just need to pay for one license, no matter what is the add-on you are using. That's why all them have the same activation code.

So let's say you are using today CoPilot and my add-on. Tomorrow you want to use TomTom and my add-on for it. Just download it, install it and register it with the same activation code you had.

At the end of the day you pay for my job and it was the database and the core engine of my add-on. Menues for me are just the wrapper, and you don't pay for wrappers, do you?

BTW, just finishing UKPC2MD4. Have a guess... yes, for Medion... I think it will be ready before this week ends.
Northernbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way of buying this program WITHOUT using E-Bay?

Regards,

Northernbloke

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: