Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6 on Axim X51v - can't install?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6 on Axim X51v - can't install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: TT6 on Axim X51v - can't install? Reply with quote

I just received my Navigator 6 and Maps upgrade (US & Canada) for my Dell Axim X51v. I had TomTom HOME already installed anticpating the arrival of TT6 and the new maps. When I opened TT Home, I get the message that an update is available, so TT Home gets updated to version 1.5.

Next I try to install using TomTom HOME to install the Navigator 6 application from the upgrade DVD to Internal Memory on the X51v, I get the following Error:
"Internal Memory: This device is not supported." Confused

Can anyone explain as to why this is happening? I have 72MB available in Internal Memory, and the "TomTom application for Pocket PC" is 11MB. I've tried it with (and without) having the older TT 5.21 installed.
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after just getting off the phone with TomTom support, they say that the Navigator 6 software can only be installed to the memory card with TT Home. Is this true? Has anyone gotten TT Home to install TT6 directly to their PPC's internal memory? Question
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT6 can (like it predecessors) install components to both internal PDA memory and SD / CF card.

You end up with the application in the PDA internal memory and the maps on the card - you wouldn't want to try and put them into internal memory.

At least that is what happened to me when I got the 5.21 - 6 'upgrade' with the V660 maps. I installed it via TTHOME and I guess it took the location of the previous version as the default.

If you copy the application CAB file (tt_ppc_6010_7720.cab) to the PDA SD/CF card and install the app from there you can chose to install it to the internal memory or to external card.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - ignore most of last post - it's not correct!

What happens is when you down load the update via TTHOME it asks you to 'install' it on your SD card. All it does is copy the CAB file to your card and renames it to TTN.CAB. You are then told to remove and re-insert the card which triggers the install. At this point you can choose to install the app to either internal or external memory.

Sorry for any confusion there. The last part of the previous is correct! You can find your downloaded application in the My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads directory. take a backup of these for safety!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other way to save having to take the card out is to soft reset the PDA, this might sound stupid, but when a device is using a memory card that is burried under the sim card, and behind the battery it is a much easier option, for "normal" devices just pop the card out and re-insert it to install the update - Mike
Rambler358
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, installing from TT Home requires that you install to the memory card, contrary to what TomTom's FAQ states. Everything then went fine. Thanks!
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys - was on the verge of tearing my hair out trying to do this, update maps and upgrade from V5 to V6 then found this thread and everything went like clockwork!

Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: