Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin 660 bluetooth hidder menu
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin 660 bluetooth hidder menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertybasset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: garmin 660 bluetooth hidder menu Reply with quote

can anyone help me find the garmin 660 bluetooth hidder menu i have heard about as im having problems keeping my phone paired its an lg chocolate kg800 it pairs no problem then after 5 seconds it keeps disconnecting the garmin works ok with my daughters ericsson 850 and sons older samsung model garmin just says keep checking website which is no use to me any help appreciated
dgbisset
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch off the unit,, then switch it back on whilst pressing down on the top left hand corner of the screen (keep holding until the mantenance message comes up). This will take you to maintenance mode.

Press view diagnostics, then press next about 5 times until you get to the bluetooth status screen. To re-boot bluetooth, press Updt PR.

Once you've finsihed exit out of maintenance mode and the unit will reboot.

I tried this when my Samsung D900 kept getting a dropped connection but, it didn't cure the problem.

Cheers.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dgbisset wrote:

I tried this when my Samsung D900 kept getting a dropped connection but, it didn't cure the problem.

glad it's not just me with that phone and that problem...

MaFt
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might well be the phone, and not the Garmin at fault - my phone (not a Samsung, but a 2006 Nokia model) kept dropping the connection, normally after about 1 hour of being connected. I've just had the phone firmware upgraded by a Nokia Service Centre, and now the Bluetooth connection seems more solid.

A quick check of the Handsfree Bluetooth manufacturer doesn't show they've released any recent firmwares with any D900 specific statements in there, but there are definitely lots of D900 problems on their forums...

Unless Samsung have a policy of offering firmware upgrades, it may be better to move onto another phone I'm afraid.
kelvin66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - my Samsung D900 drops connection and reboots. This only happens when the are SMS messages in the inbox of the D900. If I delete the messages then the phone conecction works fine...

To me it's like the 660 is trying to read the SMS messages but is sending the wrong comands to the D900. When there is no mesages it doesn't have to send the command and all works well. Tht's my theory...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a theory regarding not closing the bluetooth connection properly. i.e if the nuvi gets turned off then i still have the handsfree icon on the phone. also, if i switch the phone off then the nuvi will say the phone is still connected...

MaFt
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there's also an issue with the D900 that the contacts might need to be in the phone memory, and not have any in the SIM memory...
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two mobiles "paired" to my Nuvi 660, a Nokia 6280 and a Motorola V3x.

After pairing these two phones everything works fine - for about a week.
For no reason at all i can turn on the Nuvi and there is no phones listed, infact No Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth will show disabled and if i enable it it will look for as long as the unit is on, I can hear camera "bongs" in the background, but the front screen is frozen.
The same applies if I try and restore.

The only way i can get around this (a right pain in the a**e) is to reset by pressing on the screen in the bottom right corner on startup, follow the instructions, then remove all phone pairing.

I also have to remove the pairing on each phone, then pair everything back up again, sometimes the phone can find the Nuvi but the Nuvi can't find the phone.

At this stage the Nuvi will find an update for Bluetooth shown by a blue bar going across the screen, this doesn't happen first time and i have to fiddle with it until it loads.

Thereafter it all works again - for another week or sometimes less.

Any body else had this problem, as I'm finding it a chore every week, i have looked for phone firmware updates but can't find any, and as with a lot of phones, Garmin doesn't seem to have them listed.

Now we have the 3 points and £60, i depend on the Bluetooth in the car and when it works it is brilliant.

Is this another firmware update that needs "modding" that requires Garmin's attention - or is it just me?
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: