Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TeleAtlas mapping for E Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TeleAtlas mapping for E Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: TeleAtlas mapping for E Europe Reply with quote

I have been waiting for years for some mapping for the old Jugoslav Fed states and note from MikeB's post on the launch of Easy PocketNAV's OnCourse Navigator 6, that at last TeleAtlas have produced maps (Jan 2007) of most of those countries with street mapping down to about 50% of most countries.

How long will it take for Navman to produce the maps for their products Question Crying or Very sad

Or, do I have to go out and buy a PDA and buy the OnCourse Navigator 6 and simply pop in a SD card and with seconds only for it all to load - no Desktop and no MS Synch and no registration and regular Upgrades ....some of them free. Is that the future for GPS Question

Anyone want to buy a N20 Crying or Very sad (Just joking...at the moment)
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see at: http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&id=635 Navman have limited coverage for a few of the E European countries. I guess that coverage will expand when they get the updated TeleAtlas data... whenever that may be.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gee-Pee,

How about buying the pocket pc satnav for cheaper price at

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_178851_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_33962_crumb_31265-31468_parentcategoryrn_33962

Or get one of "Mio P550" pocket PC and can load any SD Maps.

Good luck Smile
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gambitgander wrote:
From what I can see at: http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Software+%26+Maps&id=635 Navman have limited coverage for a few of the E European countries. I guess that coverage will expand when they get the updated TeleAtlas data... whenever that may be.

Yes, if you look at the new Balkan maps, the maximum street level coverage is about 50%. But, if you know the countries like I do, that is no real hardship as the major towns are the populated areas where you need the street level mapping and the countryside outside of the urban areas has sparce population and not so necessary to need the street level maps. (If that makes sense Rolling Eyes )
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
Hello Gee-Pee,

How about buying the pocket pc satnav for cheaper price at

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_178851_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_33962_crumb_31265-31468_parentcategoryrn_33962

Or get one of "Mio P550" pocket PC and can load any SD Maps.

Good luck Smile

Good suggestion Idea The bottom line is where do I get all the cash. Oh well, back to the paper map. Crying or Very sad
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote

Good suggestion The bottom line is where do I get all the cash. Oh well, back to the paper map.

Hi Gee-Pee,

Best to start save up a penny in the jar and also also the paper map we won't be need it anymore, it the 21st Centry tehnolgy, do star trex in the year at 2407 need paper map Embarassed , it all on computer now with bluetooth wireless, no wire at all , guess what, wot happened to the T.V, House Electric, washing machine without a wire plug in. Laughing

Anyway look on the far right side of gps sale on top to bottom, try for gps for less site and is might be a good one I guess think so. Wink
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the next set of map updates from Navman would be end of 2007. I'm hoping Navman will have a new model out by then and include Eastern European maps with the device like Tom Tom or Garmin do with some of them.
Home 2.7.3.1894

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: