Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloading with IE7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading with IE7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huggy2bear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Downloading with IE7 Reply with quote

I am having problems with downloading with IE 7 - constantly get "Object is blocked" message. Sad
Have read thru IE7 help files, tried a few things they suggested regardin "blocked" windows. Altered a few settings. Still no good. Sad
Tried using Firefox - no good. Don't have Norton! Sad
:P Success!! Eventually decided to have a go at old Sony laptop networked with my main PC but still on IE6. No problem at all! Smile
Any suggestions as to what I need to change to download onto my IE7 PC Question
Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not an IE7 issue as I can download using IE7 without issues. What anti-virus and firewall software was on the problem PC?
huggy2bear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Downloading with IE7 Reply with quote

I use AVG Professional and Zonealarm Pro - both are the "paid for" versions.
On the laptop I have AVG "FREE" and windows firewall which as i say works fine
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a setting in ZA that causes a problem and I can't remember where/what it is. It was definitely ZA Pro though.

At a guess it might be a setting where this Web Site has to be put into the Trusted Zone.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
huggy2bear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Downloading with IE7 Reply with quote

Thanks for reply.
It definitely seems to be in Zone Alarm - I tried closing it down and download was fine. I tried changing some settings but made no difference until I shut it down completely. If you ever manage to think of setting change needed please give me call....
In the mean time will try to contact ZA
Thanks again
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZA have a good User Forum.

There is also a 120 Page Acrobat Manualyou can download. See HERE.

huggy2bear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Downloading with IE7 Reply with quote

Hi Richard
Just gone onto ZA forum and "pinched" the answer below - and it works! If any body else has problems of this nature it's there for them to try!
"The problem you are having with not being able to display .pdf files and unable to download software is a very common problem seen when the Privacy Settings inside the ZA control panel are not set correctly and are too restrictive for that website. For most websites, .pdf files can be displayed if you do this:

Go to Privacy|Site list. Find the website in question in the list. If you haven't visited it that session, it may not be there, in which case you can use the "ADD" button at the bottom right. Once the site is listed, be sure there are checkmarks for "mobile code" and the first cookie column. Now this is important after any change of settings in the privacy section: clean your browser cache and refresh your browser. Otherwise the changes won't take affect.[/b]Now go to the website where the .pdf file is and try again to view it. It *should* display now. This solution is also the same when trying to get a file to download. You may see an error notice like "This object is blocked." The method above is usually enough to solve the problem.[/b]
Occasionally a website will need more fine-tuning than the above, such as if there is a problem displaying images or logging into some complex sites that require authentication. In the Privacy|Site list you can right-click on the name and choose "options." A box with 3 tabs will pop up. You can uncheck various items in all 3 tabs until you get the website to display. In some stubborn cases, everything has to be unchecked. When you save that setting, it is customized to the one website. If you were to change any of the settings at the Privacy|Main screen, then those changes would affect ALL websites. If you were really desperate and in a hurry and can't figure out the proper privacy setting, you *CAN* go to Privacy|Main and turn off all 3 settings, do your business on the website, and then return and turn the privacy settings back on. Whenever you turn Privacy off using the Main controls, it has global results for all subsequent websites, while changes at the Privacy|Site list tab affect only the one website.

BTW, in version 7.0 there is a known issue with Windows security center not showing the AV updates. See this link for that and some other issues:

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=61385

Thanks for the search tips.
Geoff
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Now my son you are a teacher. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: