Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom USA Update arrived
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom USA Update arrived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: TomTom USA Update arrived Reply with quote

Hi

Got my free upgrade of the TomTom USA Package today, very impressed as I am in the UK, the package was mailed from the US on Jan 2nd, and I registered on the site for the upgrade over Christmas,

I am away for a month in 3 days working in the US, with over 8000 miles on the road to cover so will give it a good test :D

But a good service from TomTom getting the upgrade out so quick

Regards

Victoria
robfogle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my update in the other day. I did a quick check to see if any of the areas that I had reported had been fixed and to my disappointment they had not. To include a 4-mile stretch of highway 31 missing that has been there for two years. For some reason the Sacred Hart Elementary School, WI shows up in the largest font on the north central Wisconsin map. So far the house numbers are still at least 1/2 to 3/4 of a block north of where the actually are. So in my opinion the map update, at least in my area (WI, IL and IN), was a meager one at best.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity really, this would have been a good chance to update these things,

I am not sure if there is anyway with TomTom to check the actual date of the mapset they are using, on my Fixed car systems, you can check the date of the mapset by examining a file on the disc, but there does not seem to be anything like that in the TomTom Set,

I really was hoping as well that as they had upped the map set to 7 CDs that there would be an option to install the total US map on a single 1GB memory card in a single segment! , but still no chance, Oh well

It seems like it was only made a 7 CD set at the last minute as only 6 CDs came in the cardboard CD holds, with CD7 just stuffed in a clear plastic sleeve!.

I am hoping to find some updates to the areas I use, but won't really find out till I am on the road next week

Regards

Victoria
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! I can't start TTN2 after installing the new maps that arrived today. I didn't update the TTN2 programs (Navigator nor the GPS). After establishing a connection between my tomtom bluetooth gps with the hp 2215, I click on TTN2 to start the program, but the screen of the ipaq just blinks once without jumping into the program like it usually do. Any suggestions?
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I am using Navigator version 2.22 and GPS version 2.05 that came with the original CD's. They worked fine until now.

Ok, I did this. I deleted the new map from my 512 CF card, and copied the old map back into the CF. Works perfect like before. I think only 2.24 supports the new maps, am I right?
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I am using Navigator version 2.22 and GPS version 2.05 that came with the original CD's. They worked fine until now.

Ok, I did this. I deleted the new map from my 512 CF card, and copied the old map back into the CF. Works perfect like before. I think only 2.24 supports the new maps, am I right?
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did a complete deinstall - reinstall on my system so can't really help, but doing it this way it worked first time,

Regards

Victoria
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky- are you using the 2.08 version that comes with the cd's or the newest 2.09 version from the internet?
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am sticking with 2.08 from the CD's fro now, I don't use a BT Unit so I don't really think it is going to cause me any problems

Regards

Victoria
Creation
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice that the new palm version of TTN has a 3-view that includes the names of streets! I'm wondering if this is the case on the new update, because my update wouldn't work as mentioned above. For those of you that installed the update successfully, can you guys do a DEMO in navigator view and see if there are any names of streets?
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No there are No Street Names displayed in 3D mode on the New Release of TT Nav USA

I just tested a route and it was the same as before
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update for Navigator USA is maps only, not a program upgrade, so I wouldn't expect any new features.

Based on the Navigator 1 to Navigator 2 upgrade timing, I expect work on Navigator 3 for the Pocket PC is moving ahead - and that the Palm version of Navigator will have some enhancements (such as the noted one of some road names showing on the 3D view) that will probably appear in Navigator 3 on the Pocket PC.

I doubt now that there'll be any more enhancements to the Navigator 2 program on the Pocket PC - we'll just have to see what emerges in the way of upgrades later this year.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: